Level objects and items

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Scraps69

Level objects and items

Postby Scraps69 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:23 am

Some of the mechanics I loved in the first DKC had something to do with those awesome mine cart stages. the carts and the thrill of instant death.

Also that hard core stage in Snow Barrel Blast with the intense atmosphere and hard arse blast barrels. I'm keen for something like that to be done, with the same sense or urgency and stress, with that awesome deadly music.

So I reckon mine carts and blast barrels will be pretty cool elements to include in the game.

Nightpaws

Re: Level objects and items

Postby Nightpaws » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:20 am

Those are actually my least favourite parts of games :P Hence why I hate games like Temple Run. I'd happily never see another of those scenes! :P
A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Those are great for 2D games. Wouldn't want to see them here.
Make the forum great again.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Didn't Playtonic say they were going to incorporate ideas from both Banjo and Donkey Kong Country in their Rezzed presentation? I imagined something like Sonic Generations, but I hope that's not the case. Perhaps they meant some side-scrolling mini-games?

I wouldn't mind a few DKC-style mini-games... but the game should definitely be a clear-cut, traditional 3D platformer. Which I think it will be, or they've gone back on their promise not to give something completely unexpected.
Taylonic Ltd.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”