Wii U GamePad

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
dotEXE

Re: Wii U GamePad

Postby dotEXE » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:18 pm

Ohhhhh if there WAS puzzle-solving in the vein of Master Jiggywiggy's puzzles I wonder if it would be fun or annoying to solve them on the game pad.
Make the forum great again.

Nomonoke

Postby Nomonoke » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Just like Windwaker HD. Non-intrusive, interchangeable with a Pro Controller but using it had some nice perks (inventory omg so nice), and could be used to go to the Miiverse.
WW HD is my favorite game, and I only ever played it with the Gamepad, because it felt really natural.

I would not mind there being Minigames, like solving a Jiggy Puzzle equivalent, using the Gamepad. As long as it's something that could also be done without the Gamepad for pro controller users, I think it'd be neat.

BetterThanYou

Postby BetterThanYou » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:13 pm

this game would benefit so much from the gamepads gyro controls in the first person sections! the gamepad could have an option to always be in first person. whenever you want to look up or play in first person all you would have to do is look at the gamepad. I might evan like a third person gyro option like splatoon depending on how that turns out.heres what I'd imagine the controls screen would look like:

=selected
█=unselected
=settings conflict so you can't select.

________________controlls
_____tv: stats _ _ _ _ third person

gamepad: stats _ _ _ _ third person _ fp (always)

fp gyro: on __ _ _ _ _ off

tp gyro: on __ _ _ _ _ off

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”