What do you think will be the price of the game?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Janembuu

Re: What do you think will be the price of the game?

Postby Janembuu » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:26 am

I feel like it'll probably be around $40, but hey, if it's $60, I would be more than happy to cough that up.

polomi

Postby polomi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:13 am

Last edited by polomi on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

SketchyChris

Postby SketchyChris » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:28 am

As much as I understand people wanting to just pay sub average standards for the game. I'd be more than happy to pay the price of an industry game for this if it was as complete as they say it would be. Though I know people find 70.00$ prices fairly high, I wouldn't mind it, depending on how long the game is (single player wise, re-playability is nice, but something like 5 hours for a full price game is silly (coughTheOrdercough).

If it is a multi-console release (XboxOne, Ps4, WiiU and PC most likely since it was originally planned for PC). I imagine the game may be priced around the 50$ game, depending on how small it is of course, I'm talking like old Banjo Kazooie sized story (I believe it was around 20 hours maybe on average first time around?).

Whatever it's price I'm most likely getting it and happy to support. (please get on PS4, that'd be amazing, if it's on PC that's good too though :P)

Blue

Postby Blue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:00 am

$40-$60 USD depending on the length. Not gonna lie, though, if it's a good game with a lot of replayability, I'd pay $60+ even if it were to be a shorter title. I may be a bit Playtonically biased.
"Hands off my bread."

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:52 pm

I hope it's a 60€ retail release for Wii U. I'd be willing to pay a premium though. And just to be clear: If it plays as well as Banjo-Kazooie it may as well have N64 quality graphics at full price, I'd not have a problem with that.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:34 pm

You can't put a price on perfection.

Or..........a few quid.

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:46 pm

My guess would vary on the result of the kickstarter and the platform of release.

If it's Steam only I'd say anything up to £20, but if it were to reach PS4/XBOne, then £49 isn't all that unlikely depending on how good the game is in the end. Though a £34.99 price point would be more likely at launch.
A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”