Who wants Project Ukulele to be released on Xbox 360?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Ukulelefan64

Who wants Project Ukulele to be released on Xbox 360?

Postby Ukulelefan64 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:15 am

Hi, I am new here and this will be my first topic. I am doing my best to support this game by giving my word for it. Does anyone wish this game to be released for Xbox 360? Because way back when I first bought that system was only for a few good games and at the time my first two games was Banjo Kazooie N&B and Kameo Elements of Power, unfortunately those games were not enough for me and I always wanted a taste of 3D adventure games.

However there could be a few problems if this game should be released to the system. Xbox 360 is now considered an out of date system and many of the new games look so much better than 360 but if those newer games were out for 360, the graphics may become lower quality or have capability issues depending on newer Xbox One titles but anyway like I said, the only reason why I wanted to see Ukulele released to 360 just to expand my 360 collection and we really need more two player co-op games for the 360.

If the Xbox One will ever improve and update to play back older games then maybe I won't have to keep asking for an 360 release of this game. I would only wish for Banjo N&B, Kameo, and Conker Live and Reloaded to have Xbox One re-releases would be very nice and I could have been more happy to just get rid of 360 for all of that.

In my opinion, I don't think Ukulele would really fit for Nintendo or even Sony systems because this game is like a RARE game and if we had Ukulele playing on Sony 4 or Wii U, I'll feel weird about that but if RARE or Playtonic decides their game should release for Wii U then let it happen but I am really, REALLY serious that Ukulele should be released to Xbox systems just because it fits well just like RARE's other games released on Xbox systems.

I am also looking forward to seeing multiplayer co-op without the online thing, I always enjoy to play with my family than playing with strangers around the net.

Werehog

Re: Who wants Project Ukulele to be released on Xbox 360?

Postby Werehog » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:01 am

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:42 am

Personally, I do not think it should be on the 360 mainly because it is getting old and, by the time PU is released, the system will probably be obsolete. Plus, it would give them more time to push the game to its limits. You can get the Wii U pretty cheap compared to the other eighth gen consoles so it may be worth saving up for it, it will also be coming out on PC and Mac (Mac hasn't been confirmed though I would assume it is)

As with your last comment... Uhh, Rare was actually originally owned by Nintendo, games like Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye 007 were originally on Nintendo systems. In 2002, the company was bought out by MS. So PU would definitely suit the Wii U, heck, Nintendo consoles are pretty much the only systems which have 3D collect-a-thons

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

polomi

Postby polomi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:03 am

I don't really get the people saying that it doesn't "fit" or "suit" a particular system... :roll:

Anyway, the issue with old consoles is always the same. People who moved on to the new gen don't want older consoles to be supported because it holds the game back graphically. PC gamers don't want any consoles at all to be supported because consoles hold games back graphically. You gotta draw a line somewhere, I personally think that current gen consoles should be supported (all of them) but not handhelds or previous gen consoles.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:04 am

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:13 pm

I am absolutely against going to previous gen. Current gen is already weak enough, limiting the game down to the 360 is a terrible idea.
Make the forum great again.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

polomi

Postby polomi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Tarzerix

Postby Tarzerix » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Don't underestimate the amount of work (and therefore time and money) it takes to make a title reasonable compatible for multi-platform AND several generations. At least if you plan to fully exploit the potential of the recent generation design wise. And old Rare for example always pushed the technical limits with their games to reach the best possible look and gameplay. That was one of their most famous trademarks if you ask me...and it was important. Why are the graphics always considered to be "not that important" in the platforming genre nowadays?

I imagine their game to be released sometime in 2016 maybe 2017, and it should be considered state of the art for two years from then on (as most good games do). By that time around 50 million units of PS4 can be expect to be sold...same goes for the box. People who still stick to an 13 year old console "ONLY" by that time probably wont be the right target group.
I mean... if someone tells me that the last console he bought was a gamecube, I consider him to be not very interested in games anymore. So I personally think going backwards would be counterproductive.
(Don't get me wrong...I even play the old SNES on a regular basis and still buy games for it...so this has nothing to do with my lack of love for the older generations :) )

polomi

Postby polomi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 pm

LiverpoolFC

Postby LiverpoolFC » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:27 pm

I think it would be great if it were on as many consoles as possible, so more people will be able to play it. However, personally I just want it on the PS4. for me the PS4 makes the most sense because it (along with the XBOX ONE) are the most powerful systems right now (not counting PC's) and Sony has a history of 3D Platformers. I understand putting it on the Wii U because of their history with Nintendo, but I feel like that's almost like making the game for last gen consoles (PS3, XBOX 360), which might end up hindering the game. In the end I only have a PS4 and gaming PC. I don't want to play 3D Platformer on PC, and I don't want to have to buy a new console just to play this game. That leaves the PS4, which I really hope the game comes out on, but I think it's fine if it comes out on other consoles as well.

Tarzerix

Postby Tarzerix » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:02 pm

polomi

Postby polomi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Tarzerix

Postby Tarzerix » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:42 pm

Hmmm I think Im not talking about artstyle here. Im talking about caring for the best looking product possible, and pushing hard to reach it. I just miss this ever thirsty "how far can we go" pioneer spirit of the 90s...especially (and still) to be felt in Rare games of that era
DKC and especially BK were not only about choosing a different art style, that anyone could had done but simply had not thought of. It was about how to cram all this data into tiny 16 mb and writing systems to solve all the occurring fragmentation problems. They were able to achieve that look because the tech wizards at Rare were striving for it, and the company believed that it would be worth it. Banjo Tooie even needed an expansion pack to be playable (and not just because of it's gameplay). Im pretty sure the amount of texture data in Mario64 is way different than in BK.
Stylization can make things easier without loosing it's storytelling power, but it also cant hurt to have a good looking rendering, nicely simulated water, vegetation, fur, clothing, intelligent animation systems etc..
Every new Pixar movie tries to set a new technical landmark in some department. Why not in games?
Last edited by Tarzerix on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:03 pm

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:52 pm

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

polomi

Postby polomi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:12 pm

LiverpoolFC

Postby LiverpoolFC » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Boshi

Postby Boshi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:04 pm

The boss of all Yoshis

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”