New Reveal - Grabbing the Ghoulies & Reddit AMA

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Jellyfunk

Re: New Reveal - Grabbing the Ghoulies & Reddit AMA

Postby Jellyfunk » Fri May 29, 2015 11:56 pm

The ghosts could hint at what type of worlds we'll encounter.

Jungle World(Vine/Worm) ->Body World(Tooth)??? -> Space World(Alien) -> Lava/Volcano World(Devil) -> Ghost World(Ghost)

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Sat May 30, 2015 2:01 am

The ghost writers, piece by piece we are slowly getting the bigger picture of the overall plot of the game1 =)

I like that they're essentially the this universes version of jinjos. I wonder though, is there going to be only one ghost writer per world? that would make sense given that there usually aren't many authors of one book. Also given that there are going to be challenges involved in collecting them.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat May 30, 2015 2:51 am

Taylonic Ltd.

rocho

Postby rocho » Sat May 30, 2015 5:20 am

Maybe each ghost represents the writer's emotions scattered through out the books and if you collect them all, you can meet the writer and let him finally rest in peace.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat May 30, 2015 5:53 am

Taylonic Ltd.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat May 30, 2015 10:19 am

Today is May 30, 2015 and I'm feeling blue. Or maybe I'm feeling green. Or red. Yellow? I don't know. It's all so confusing.

Have you ever noticed that we often use colors to express how we're feeling? I'm starting to think you need a degree in psychology just to understand the color spectrum!

For example, when I'm feeling embarrassed, I might say something like "Am I red or what?"...but that makes sense, because when I'm embarrassed my face flushes, and it really does take on a reddish hue! (You should see my father when he gets embarrassed... he doesn't have much hair on his head, so the red just keeps going and going and going...)

Of course, if my dad ever sees that I made a comment like that about him on the internet, it might be hazardous to my health...I would cease to be in the pink.

But what about if I'm feeling envious? We say I'm green with envy! Does that make any sense to you? They say that jealousy is the green-eyed monster, but nothing about me really turns green when I get jealous.

Then when I'm sad, I'm blue...like maybe I was singing the blues or something? Or watching Blue's Clues? Last time I was feeling sad I looked in the mirror, and my face wasn't any more blue than usual...maybe even a little more pale. And if I'd been crying, well then, I'm sure my face would be all splotchy with red, not blue!

You aren't feeling cowardly, are you? Because then they say you're yellow. Crazy. Makes me wonder about bananas. Are they the most timid of foods? They are good for you, you know, with all that Potassium. But I've got to wonder now. If fish is brain food, maybe bananas are chicken food.

(And, on a related subject...why do we use "chicken" and "yellow" interchangeably? We had chickens on the farm when I was growing up, and they didn't seem any more timid, yellow, or chicken than any of the other animals!)

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Have you ever been purple with rage? That makes more sense than some of the others, since your face does sometimes take on a reddish-purplish sort of color when you get mad

Blue, green, red, yellow, purple...they're all colors that express emotion. But that begs the real question...
Stop picking your nose

rocho

Postby rocho » Sat May 30, 2015 1:40 pm

I guess we will have to play the waiting game. At certain degree I feel better not knowing the details, that will keep me invested in the game.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Sat May 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Interested to see where they're going with this.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sat May 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Liking the sound of these guys a lot.

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:13 am

So the Ghost Writers are pretty much the equivalent of Jinjos, huh? What confuses me is that these are the spirits of those that wrote the book worlds that Yooka and Laylee will be entering... But if 5 of them are in a given world, does that mean that each book had multiple writers? How exactly does THAT work?
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun May 31, 2015 7:03 am

Taylonic Ltd.

chameleojack

Postby chameleojack » Sun May 31, 2015 8:19 am

I just hope this all means the game will have a slightly dark-fantasy theme to it, a-la DKC2.

Shawnsim

Postby Shawnsim » Sun May 31, 2015 9:28 am

They said that each would need to be caught instead of just collected. Interesting.

I could see the worm as a burrowing spirit that could be caught as he emerges from a random place in the ground. I could see him tunneling around you then popping up to laugh at you before jumping back into the ground.

The toothy spirit looks scared and will probably have to be caught by chasing him.

The shy spirit will probably hide requiring a search to catch him. Maybe we will have to camouflage and sneak up on him.

The fourth spirit looks mean and may have to be fought in order to catch him.

The final spirit looks like a flyer and may need to be caught whilst flying.

Speculation on my part but it seems like it could be something like this.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Sun May 31, 2015 11:59 am

And in the final encounter, they form one giant spirit.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sun May 31, 2015 12:17 pm

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Sun May 31, 2015 12:43 pm

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:29 am

Love the designs on all of them. Can't wait for plushies to come out.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:56 pm

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”