The idea was shot down before, But I'm going to go ahead and push it again. Amiibos for Yooka-Laylee.

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

GrayMagicΓ

Re: The idea was shot down before, But I'm going to go ahead and push it again. Amiibos for Yooka-Laylee.

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:49 am

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Fynrir

Re: The idea was shot down before, But I'm going to go ahead and push it again. Amiibos for Yooka-Laylee.

Postby Fynrir » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:43 am

Both Skylanders and Amiibos are a useless and worthless money sink. How you people even fork out money for it is baffling to me. In the Amiibo case you also encourage paywalls. Which has always been detrimental to the future of gaming.

Shawnsim

Postby Shawnsim » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Lol.
Just stimulating the forums. I always wanted the game to be on as many platforms as possible.

Geez. I expected some rage.

Anna

Postby Anna » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:22 pm

So, completely avoiding any discussion on the feasibility or fairness of it...
I'd buy one. :?

That being said, I want it for the figure. Couldn't care less about content unlocks. So a non-amiibo figure would be fine with me.
No, not all Xbox owners are dudebros who love grey-and-brown PvP FPSes. Please feel free to quit stereotyping now.

chameleojack

Postby chameleojack » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:06 pm

I think it is in the best interest of this company--for which all backers should consider themselves board members--for development to focus as little as possible on gimmicks, especially gimmicks whose only purpose is to sit on hawkers' shelves and increase in value via artificial exclusivity. Amiibos are just fetishized DLC you can't download anyplace without dropping $100 to some hoarder in Vermont a week after it's availible!

All the things Amiibos are expected to do within the game can be done without the actual figurines. Playtonic needs to use all of its resources (time, personnel, and all capital) towards creating an engaging experience for every platform it is being released on. This is, after all, the company's first impression, past glories aside. Less gimmicks, less outsourcing, less pandering; more detail, more planning (especially towards puzzles and level cohesiveness/density), more gameplay innovation.

I.M.O.--But anyone can disagree and be wrong. :D

All Amiibo opponents seem to share the exact same concerns. I personally would love to have a figurine matching the posterior pose in the promo art. It's very cool. But I don't want to have to buy the figure...and the stand...and the cables when they break, for DLC that would cost me much less without the plastic. And what a b**** it's gonna be when a neighbor kid swipes the figure and I can't access the DLC anymore! All that stuff about pay-walls and development windows, too.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:07 pm

You mean like shovel knight? Exclusives for each console AFTER release?

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Make the forum great again.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Good for you getting lucky and probably living in a sparsely populated area. There's not a classification of Amiibo called UNICORN for no reason.

SUPERS0NICBOOM

Postby SUPERS0NICBOOM » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 pm

I would love a Yooka-Laylee Amiibo but I'm a collector and have them all so I'm kind of biased I guess haha :mrgreen:
You're too slow!

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:53 pm

That's the entire point lmfao

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:58 pm

"Senator, is it true you're a murderer?" "Of course not!" "But you were recently charged with homicide." "Well that means purposely and illegally killing someone else, but that's besides the point."

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:33 am

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”