The idea was shot down before, But I'm going to go ahead and push it again. Amiibos for Yooka-Laylee.

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
RareAware

Re: The idea was shot down before, But I'm going to go ahead and push it again. Amiibos for Yooka-Laylee.

Postby RareAware » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:39 am

If the game is a success and this becomes an established series, it would be nice to get collectible figurines of some sort. I was really into amiibo collecting when they were released, but the artificial shortages and extremely short pre-order windows have greatly diminished my enthusiasm.

Taylor

Re: The idea was shot down before, But I'm going to go ahead and push it again. Amiibos for Yooka-Laylee.

Postby Taylor » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:41 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4468

I've locked the Shovel Knight Amiibo thread above to keep the forums a bit tidier.
Taylonic Ltd.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:20 pm

You could've merged that thread with this one, instead of locking it, in making the forum even more tidier you know.

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Why would people get upset that an Amiibo offers more content (both physical and digital) than a DLC plain-old-download does?

I get it if there are problems with a shortage of Amiibo supplies, but that's the only viable complaint I see against an Amiibo being used to unlock content as opposed to submitting credit card details online.
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:25 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:10 pm

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:45 am

Welp,
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:23 am

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:01 am

i hope playtonic & yacht club games work out a deal & let the shovel knight amiibo unlock a cool shovel knight based nintendo exclusive content! :D also i think a yooka-laylee amiibo is going to be a absolute given now that nintendo is open to the idea of 3rd party amiibos! :D

rocho

Postby rocho » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Yes, YES! keep fighting people that was the fuel we needed in the forums! HAHAHAHAHA (maleficent laugh)

Well maybe the villian wants to eradicate Amiibo from the shelves, just a week before Yooka-Laylee got their own printed, this makes them go trough a lot of trouble and at the end you defeat the villian, recover the industry and start printing Yooka-Laylee Amiibo.

Months later those Amiibo get launched in our world (dlc for the people that can't find it/ don't want it) and the duo Yooka-Laylee finally get the recognition they deserved...

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:57 pm

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”