Physical Retail Release

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
hms

Re: Physical Retail Release

Postby hms » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:29 am

Retail WII U

Semperscio

Postby Semperscio » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:35 am

I have a preference for physical cartridges or discs; I'd definitely go for the Wii U version in retail.

TheJHam88

Postby TheJHam88 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:57 am

I prefer physical over digital for pretty much everything: music, movies, books, games, et cetera. So I would 100% absolutely love if this game had a physical release! Though I'm gonna go ahead and assume that would be a stretch goal because it is stupid-expensive to make. Like some of the other posters have said, I first and foremost want the best game possible and I don't want money for making disc copies to be eating into that. But if they've got ample funds (which they likely will, this hype-train's a rollin') then by all means.

mijuee

Postby mijuee » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:45 am

I don't believe that the quality of the game will be affected by making a retail or not copy,because you will pledge much more money than retail so that will even help to arrive to more stretch goals.Anyway they have talked about making limited editions and I hope that it's a retail for WII U.Making retail on all plat won't make any sense.

RareAware

Postby RareAware » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:08 pm

I would certainly take a physical copy for the wii u, partly because the console has such a limited storage capacity for digital content (and I have no desire to purchase an external device for it). In the likely event that it's digital only, I'll get it for PS4 instead.

Phineas Q. Phailboat

Postby Phineas Q. Phailboat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:52 am

A really artistic physical release would make a great stretch goal, but I'd hate to see them release it in a way that would allow any third party publisher to get a piece of their pie. It's Indie all the way.

rocho

Postby rocho » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:18 am

SO Mighty No.9 just got a publisher to make their games have a physical retail release and since it was a Kickstarter game as Project Ukulele, I think we can have an idea how they managed this. They seem to publishing with Publisher Deep Silver, currently for Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Wii UTM, PC, Linux and Mac.

Their Kickstarter has a Q/A section regarding this topic on: http://www.mightyno9.com/en/faq6

I've pasted the entire thing in this spoiler:

Maybe Playtonic can check this Publisher out since they seem to be able to publish in several platforms and of course they are helping an indie developer have Physical Retail Releases. What do you guys think!?

Piet

Postby Piet » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:51 am

I really really want a physical copy of the game with manual, so I can add it to my BK adventure game 'collection' (which consists of only 4 games :'D).
If it only get's a digital release I will also buy it of course, but I prefer a physical release.
Platform: Wii U.

I'll be funding the kickstarter like a mofo this friday! :D

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:39 am

ottake

Postby ottake » Fri May 01, 2015 9:51 pm

physical would be good for those who live in a country with proper game retailers

Lienk

Postby Lienk » Fri May 01, 2015 10:38 pm

A physical copy for Wii U.

I honestly think Playtonic has every single Nintendo fan's attention, they can't go wrong with a retail version. (Also cheering for the PC, Xbox and PS fans btw!)

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri May 29, 2015 4:09 pm

I would love a physical retail release with cool box art, and if possible, special editions to the game that come with an art book or a poster.

Luma Party

Postby Luma Party » Sun May 31, 2015 7:19 pm

SIDSTART

Postby SIDSTART » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:24 am

I would love to get a physical copy of the game for PS4.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”