Villain Ideas

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Pearcinator

Villain Ideas

Postby Pearcinator » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:04 pm

I was thinking of what the villain could be for this game.

How about an old Bard? Each of the worlds is a story of one of his adventures and he could narrate to Yooka and Laylee in poetic rhymes and alliteration (not unlike Grunty). Instead of a lute or mandolin he could use a ukulele?

Maybe he got lost in the jungle and became a recluse in a massive cave (similar to Grunty's Lair). Maybe his plan is to burn down the entire jungle to escape? That's where Yooka-Laylee come in to save the day. They have to find the Bard's missing 'pagies' to uncover his plan, find him and stop him. To track him down you have to navigate through his cave where he has been spending many years writing recounts of his adventures (each level is a story onto itself)

Perhaps he even runs out of ideas and his later 'works' take on a more fantastical approach or he goes a bit loopy and the levels reflect the insanity he has after being isolated and alone for so many years.

What do you think? Does it fit with all the information we know so far? Do you guys have any other ideas for who/what the main villain could be?

Xellos

Re: Villain Ideas

Postby Xellos » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:15 pm

While I do appreciate it that you posted an entire new topic about a subject we already discussed to death, instead of necro-bumping this months old about the exact same thing. It was still better for you to just wait until Playtonic reveals the main villain(s), probably at the end of this year. But I'll throw my two cents of what the villain will be like anyway for the lack of new Yooka-Laylee info we could discuss instead.

If we assume that this is the main villain's face carved into a mountain in this piece of concept art of him (her? Haha). I say it's some form of humanoid magic-user. Maybe a warlock?

Pearcinator

Postby Pearcinator » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:04 am

Cool where'd you get that from? Is there better quality of it or was it leaked?

Piet

Postby Piet » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:21 am

Wizard. 'Lost' brother of Grunty. Green skin. Rhyming. New henchman.
SUCCESS. :D

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:42 am

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Maybe keep the villain in the animal kingdom, that could be the Playtonic Universe's theme.

An intimidating beast could make for an interesting villain - a giant centipede?

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:45 pm

The villain should be an evil dentist. Yoola and laylee find out that he shot a lion and he shoots animals for fun and set out to put his evil plans to bed. Id love to see two animals kick his arse.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Luma Party

Postby Luma Party » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Could the villain play the Banjo, and have a right-hand man who plays the Kazoo?

rocho

Postby rocho » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:05 am

Maybe the circus villain succeeds on trapping the tiger hero and Yooka (the slacker of town) sets in the task to get on track with the caravan and mid way meets Laylee "the clown bat" that recently scaped the circus.

I think someone already posted this story but hey... Its very early in the morning and still can't sleep at the time of this writing so bear with me people...

Anna

Postby Anna » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:22 pm

No, not all Xbox owners are dudebros who love grey-and-brown PvP FPSes. Please feel free to quit stereotyping now.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”