Chances for a Yooka-Laylee Amiibo is very high now!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Meelow

Chances for a Yooka-Laylee Amiibo is very high now!

Postby Meelow » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:04 am

It just got officially confirmed that Shovel Knight will be getting an Amiibo.

I feel a Yooka-Laylee Amiibo will defiantly happen.

rocho

Re: Chances for a Yooka-Laylee Amiibo is very high now!

Postby rocho » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:16 am

MY HOPES ARE UP!!!

Now we need Yooka-Laylee to be a massive hit, THEEEEN we might get Amiibo.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:53 am

Oh my... does this need another thread now? I must say that I absolutely dislike the way they're using this amiibo. Unlocking a whole Co-Op mode with a toy? No, thanks. Maybe I'm too old or too old school, but I'd much rather have DLC that I'd need to pay eventually, than having to buy a toy that I wouldn't need.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the wish for the figurine itself. But an amiibo ALWAYS needs to unlock something as well, which excludes anyone who doesn't want to get this thing. Even if its just cosmetic. Yes, in this case, I'd also want the hypothetical silly hat and pants, if they decide to do something like that. I'm already so happy that I don't need any amiibo for Super Mario Maker's costumes!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:53 am

Could this not have gone in the other amiibo thread thats right next to this one?

I agree with rueckkoppler. Amiibos piss me off in that they are hiding game content from those that don't want to buy the pointless kids toys. Id rather just pay dlc. If yooka laylee joins in it will only make me glad i bought the xbone version.

Lufkin

Postby Lufkin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:21 am

I agree that we should be able to unlock hidden Amiibo content like normal DLC for those who doesn't want to be over encumbered with dozens and dozens of figurines.

But, I'm also happy to see that Nintendo is interested in cooperating with indie developers to create special products like this. If Playtonic make a Yooka-Laylee Amiibo in the future, I hope the content it unlocks is not something as important as Coop mode like Shovel Knight. Maybe an alternate costume for Yooka, or different colours, something that doesn't change the gameplay and the experience too much.

Alternatively, I would personally prefer a non-Amiibo, higher quality figurine of Yooka and Laylee (like, say, a Nendoroid/"figma" figure) instead of a cheap Amiibo with unwanted DLC-like functionality.

waffleme3

Postby waffleme3 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:55 am

SIMPLE
The problem is people dont want amiibos since they just want dlc, WELL, just make it be able to buy the dlc on other versions OR buy the amiibo for the wii u version
/flys with lord helix

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Meh. Amiibos aren't my cup of tea, but I can't deny they have some die hard fans and would probably be very profitable for Playtonic if a Yooka-Laylee one was made.

Business is business. Fingers crossed for Playtonic.
Taylonic Ltd.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:10 pm

This is beyond speculation. Chances aren't any higher today than they were a week ago.
Make the forum great again.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm going to lock this topic and put a link it the other, larger Amiibo thread because I'm feeling pedantic.
Taylonic Ltd.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”