Hardcore Mode?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
AccelDSX

Hardcore Mode?

Postby AccelDSX » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:19 am

So is it possible to have a mode where if there is lives introduced the ability to rely on them, if you run out of them, you have to restart the whole game.

Evil I know, but that constant challenge is what was missing from banjo kazooie and tooie and all games with lives in general.

there is no risk in dying, it's a minor set back to the hub world or start of level.

let's make it more fun to not die!

GrayMagicΓ

Re: Hardcore Mode?

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Maybe not as a difficulty setting for the main game, but I'd love a tucked away challenge a la Now Who's Boss?
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

DWard14

Postby DWard14 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:54 am

Maybe just for a world this should happen. Perhaps to be extra infuriating this should be the final world.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:17 am

I don't like gimmicky "now play the exact same game again but harder" modes.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Dead space has a mode that lets you only save the game 3 times. With a difficulty modifier that might be interesting.

lavamario

Postby lavamario » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:07 am

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:57 pm

I wouldn't mind at all if they had some special challenge modes added in. My younger brother LOVES replaying games on harder settings. For him playing video games isn't just about having a pleasant experience, it's about totally and completely mastering the game set before him. He's not satisfied until he feels he's conquered a game. He's on his third playthrough of Dark Souls setting his own restrictions like time limits to beat an area and as different classes, and who knows how many hours he's logged into Binding of Isaac unlocking everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. There are completionists, and then there's my brother. Adding challenge modes would be a great a way to keep people who live for the torture playing Y-L for a loooooong time.

I'm a fan of the limited lives mode idea, or at least an achievement for not dying or dying fewer than X-number of times, too.
you kuh lady

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”