The Official Yooka-Laylee Comic!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
GoldenBell

The Official Yooka-Laylee Comic!

Postby GoldenBell » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:32 am

Golden Bell's The Sunday Comics will be producing the Official Yooka-Laylee Comic! The comic is being written by Marc Goldner, Rob Gross & Rachel Korsen. All the Art is done by Rachel Korsen. We have two of the sample panels attached and hope that everyone will enjoy them as much as we've had creating them! The comic will be appearing in Golden Bell's The Sunday Comics which is currently LIVE on Kickstarter. It's already been 900% funded so come TODAY to get your subscriptions! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/83 ... ndaycomics Thank You!

rocho

Re: The Official Yooka-Laylee Comic!

Postby rocho » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:56 am

What? How? Based over what? Is this legit?

GoldenBell

Postby GoldenBell » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:57 am

Hey Rocho! Yes this is legit. We were in talks with Playtonic since July. After Gavin, Andy and our company came to an agreement on some strips and one offs with an overall direction we started creating the content. We already have the first 18 comics underway and they'll be released in The Sunday Comics. What do you think of them so far?

rocho

Postby rocho » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:13 am

Wow just saw the Kickstarter video and I'm impressed! Congratulations on getting all the deals together!

Overall I think is a fantastic idea and feel very proud of Playtonic for letting their characters expand to other types of media!

I guess I will have to wait and see but my only concern is how cannon the comics will be, as we still need to find out the main story on Yooka-Laylee. (Or you already got a big scoop on the planned story! Hahaha)

And 18 comics is a lot of content! I guess this will help the forums have something to talk about while we wait for the game!

Keep up the good work! And take care of Yooka and Laylee please!!

GoldenBell

Postby GoldenBell » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:00 am

Thanks for the support, Rocho! We've been working for quite some time to where we are at today. Yooka-Laylee is one of our flagship properties that we fell in love with from Day 1 of their very own Kickstarter. All the folks at Playtonic are great people and we're so glad that you like the work so far :) There is a lot more fun to come with the characters. That's the idea, we want the fans to interact and get as much new content as they can. We hope you can support us, as we're still a start up in early stages and could use all the backing from fans that we can get. If you think anyone would like a special "Yooka-Laylee reward tier" where we can offer exclusive First Look Access to all the Yooka-Laylee work we're doing, we can set that up. Let us know what you all think about that idea. All the work will be up to the standard that Playtonic expects and nothing less we promise that!

SaffronRose

Postby SaffronRose » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:11 am

I like the idea of the Yooka-Laylee reward tier for fans of the upcoming game. :D
Yooka-Laylee DeviantArt group -

GoldenBell

Postby GoldenBell » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:51 am

We all spoke it over and just added a special reward tier for everyone! Check it out it's packed with extras :D

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Was this the first announcement? I don't use Twitter.

rocho

Postby rocho » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:06 pm

GoldenBell

Postby GoldenBell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:01 am

AndyR
Site Admin

Postby AndyR » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:36 pm

Hey guys,

Just a note for those asking… Sunday Comics’ publication (which looks great!) has our blessing as an exciting fan tribute, but the Playtonic team is not involved at all. All story, characters, art etc comes entirely from their own talented team and is separate from our work and plans for the game.

We’re sure you’ll agree it looks really cool and we’re looking forward to reading it!

A

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:06 pm

"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

rocho

Postby rocho » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:11 pm

SaffronRose

Postby SaffronRose » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:41 am

3 more hours until the kickstarter deadline. I'm one of the backers for the Yooka-Laylee comics.

They mentioned that it's being done in Photoshop.

Yooka-Laylee DeviantArt group -

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”