More vets!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Exaskryz

More vets!

Postby Exaskryz » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:52 am

http://www.playtonicgames.com/more-vete ... playtonic/

How big is this team up to? Are there more people planned to be hired? Is everyone working on Yooka Laylee, or are ideas in the works for other games?

I thought we had already reached, and maybe exceeded typical N64-sized teams - the goal I read many months ago. So I'm surprised as more and more people get hired.

There was the idea of having two teams working on games to alternate releases so more games could be produced. Could Playtonic be taking a head-start on that objective with the surplus of funds from the Kickstarter?
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Chrysalis_Blossom

Re: More vets!

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:55 am

Perhaps they're hiring more people in order to complete the game faster, but I'd love it if they already started working on another game, so with two different teams working on different games we may have one game a year.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:28 am

I believe they are all working on YookaLaylee. They are obviously behind schedule and need to catch up.

Also i wish people would stop with the "THIS is the new Rare" "Should call it Rare2.0" "Microsoft have the name but not the soul" comments.

The sooner this company stands on their own two feet the better. As far as I'm concerned this is Playtonic. A new fresh exciting dev team with a good future a head of them.
And Rare is still going strong with a good set of people and a promising future.

Im excited for what BOTH teams come up with. You don't have to pick one and hate the other.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:19 pm

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:32 pm

I honestly thought the Rare jokes would die down.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 pm

People will never stop being bitter about RARE until a true Banjo-Threeie is made. So, expect that people will never stop being bitter about RARE.
Make the forum great again.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”