Hivory Towers

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
dotEXE

Re: Hivory Towers

Postby dotEXE » Mon May 16, 2016 2:25 pm

Surprise holiday!? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo my entire Monday wasted :cry:
Make the forum great again.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Mon May 16, 2016 2:38 pm

I'm sure we're going to get something tomorrow. After all, corporate bigwigs also need their quality time to relax once in a while you know... :lol:

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon May 16, 2016 3:47 pm

Stop picking your nose

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Mon May 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon May 16, 2016 4:13 pm

No holiday in the UK; I just did an exam.

But it is an unusually nice and sunny day, so maybe Playtonic have abandoned the office.

I think we might be waiting a week or so before we see anything happening. Although it doesn't look like many of the big news sites picked up on the Twitter shenanigans?
Taylonic Ltd.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon May 16, 2016 4:23 pm

Stop picking your nose

MattUmby

Postby MattUmby » Mon May 16, 2016 4:45 pm

Playtonic just tweeted (in Hivory Towers character) about acquiring the assets of "Quack Corp", a twitter account with only 2 tweets. I sense an ARG.

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/stat ... 8686265344

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon May 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

sweeneyrya

Postby sweeneyrya » Mon May 16, 2016 5:07 pm

Maybe the villain is a Duck.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon May 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

sweeneyrya

Postby sweeneyrya » Mon May 16, 2016 5:18 pm

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon May 16, 2016 5:25 pm

I keep calling them Duck Corp. It's Quack Corp. My bad.

Quack Corp's banner picture is the same purple liquid pipes that were/are on Mark's Twitter banner, but I can't tell what their profile picture is. A silhouette of something...

I wonder if it's related to the type of business they deal in? Or am I really overthinking all this and Playtonic are laughing at us.
Taylonic Ltd.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Mon May 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Last edited by Xellos on Tue May 17, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon May 16, 2016 5:37 pm

Could Quack Corp be the good guys? The ones Yooka and Laylee are trying to save?

Or are both Quack Corp and Hivory Towers equal antagonists. Two corporations with a destructive rivalry?

I'm inclined the think the first suggestion. Perhaps Quack Corp is the last company that Hivory Towers has yet to acquire, but Hivory Towers doesn't play by the rules and needs to be stopped?

Either that, or even more companies will pop up in the coming days? Though I definitely think Hivory Towers must be the antagonist for sure (with the CEO/Boss being the main villain).

Still so many questions.

Edit:

Wonder if Hivory Towers or Quack Corp have anything to do with this building that I found during Playtonic's televised interview in the UK:

1. https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/ ... e=57DB0D1E

2. https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/ ... e=57D2A778

3. https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/ ... e=57A887E6

4. https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/ ... e=57DFCC9A

Sorry for the quality. I can't see any honey comb or duck-related imagery, so maybe it's unrelated. I am curious to find out what this building will turn out to be though...
Taylonic Ltd.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Mon May 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Like Taylor said, no holidays here.

The new tweet has me thinking, just like the rest of us. Can't wait for more info.

Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy » Mon May 16, 2016 7:07 pm

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:25 pm

I mean, not a whole lot to go on with those screen caps. It could look completely different once actually arted up.
The size of the structure could suggest an industrial building, but all the ramps could mean a more primitive architecture.

I do get that there is a disagreement between Hivory Towers and Quack Corp regarding the (potential?) acquisition.
Since HT is occupying the Playtonics twitter, that may suggest their prominence. And interviews suggest there will be one primary villain, but obviously a secondary one isn't precluded.

If Yooka and Laylee are simple folk, like Banjo and Kazooie, then they may not much care about either corporation, directly. It could be that they are somehow unwillingly caught up in the conflict.
I tend to distrust anyone who continually spouts "motivational quotes."

Being born in a duck yard does not matter, if only you are hatched from a swan's egg. #Inspirational #Leader

^^ This quotation would suggest leaders are born. But are they being figurative, or does this suggest that their leader is a literal swan who was born in a duck yard.

We still know so little, anything introduced in the future could turn any theories upside down.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon May 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Is that... A play tonic?

Perhaps it's a platonic love story between 2 companies sharing their juice together... Wait what?

Edit: footage of quack corps leader:
https://youtu.be/ysa7BtXQdyM

No but seriously, Quack corps seems to be an inventor of robotic things of some kind? Looking at the followed accounts... Dunno
What do ducks have to do with it all? Why ducks?!?! Ducks and bees for god sake, what's next... Rhino's? XD
Stop picking your nose

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Mon May 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm. Lots to consider here. Quite a bit.

Quack Corp appears to be a new twitter that was created and immediately seized. So we can at least assume Playtonic is behind the whole thing.

Quack Corp seems to be more towards neutral or protagonist than antagonist, Hivory Towers seems like the Big Bad still. Perhaps Yooka and Laylee will be charged with "recovering" some artifacts for Quack Corp that were taken by Hivory Towers? I quite liked the theory that Hivory Towers was trying to complete a book by stealing Pagies from other stories. Perhaps the Ghost Writers were imprisoned when the Pagies were taken from their respective stories. It would follow that you need to collect enough Pagies to get to a Ghost Writer's place of imprisonment, and then work with them to collect the remaining Pagies in the expanded portion of a world?

Moving along, perhaps Quack Corp is the company who makes the arcade machines and play tonics we know will appear throughout the game, and perhaps Trowzer is one of their salesmen. It could be that, at the game's start, Yooka and Laylee are commissioned by Quack Corp to go restore the books, and are paid along the way in play tonics.
Last edited by dotEXE on Mon May 16, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Make the forum great again.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Mon May 16, 2016 8:25 pm

If the CEO of Hivory Towers is the main villain of Yooka-Laylee - I hope that he's an absolute monstrosity and not a comedic villain. He would be the physical embodiment of greed in the form of a capitalist king bee, to set him apart from Rareware's previous villains. Like this:

Last edited by Xellos on Tue May 17, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”