I am SICK AND TIRED of people calling Yooka-Laylee a rip off of Banjo Kazooie...

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Cheko2015

I am SICK AND TIRED of people calling Yooka-Laylee a rip off of Banjo Kazooie...

Postby Cheko2015 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:42 am

The nerve of them, trying to make out Nintendo and Rare to be helpless victims of the ruthless Playtonic.... How dare they...

Everyone knows that Yooka-Laylee is instead a rip off of......

CHAMELEON TWIST!!!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... W85CPL.jpg

Who are you trying to fool Playtonic, doing yet another platformer based on chameleons using their tongues for various tasks? You think just because you throw a bat on top of your chameleon, you are original? Pfft, we have been having umbrellas and other floaty aids since the 90s... Umbrellas, bats, all the same. Its time Sunsoft gets their due. Where are their Royalties, Playtonic? You treacherous copy cats...

CT: https://49.media.tumblr.com/d875e849f04 ... r1_400.gif

YL: http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/21/81/a ... 337382.gif

Oh and looky there, a world of jungle/ruins islands floating in the sky... What a coinkydink... I mean friggen look at the trees with the winding bark and the color of the ruins for crying out loud!!!

CT: http://gamefabrique.com/storage/screens ... t-2-02.png

YL: http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/ori ... ngle2a.png

Cheko2015

Re: I am SICK AND TIRED of people calling Yooka-Laylee a rip off of Banjo Kazooie...

Postby Cheko2015 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:42 am

Ok now that we have the initial post out the way, in case you guys can't tell; this is a humorous joke topic. Just to see if anyone remembers that old N64 gem lol. When I was looking the game up just out of curiosity (trying to refresh my memory), I couldn't help but chuckle as I found those similar images/gifs lol. Some of it is uncanny with those trees/level aesthetics lol. With that being said, I fully support Playtonic and Yooka Laylee and in no way actually think they were "copying". On other message boards, I wouldn't even post this clarification post but wanted to make sure I wasn't misconstrued on their board. If that speaks anything of my support and respect for them.

Meinhard1

Re: I am SICK AND TIRED of people calling Yooka-Laylee a rip off of Banjo Kazooie...

Postby Meinhard1 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:26 am

If anyone says Playtonic are copying, they're probably just having a bad day and venting online.

Also -- the charmeolon game you posted was a sequel... there were two of them! Guess Yooka makes three, hahahhah

Cheko2015

Postby Cheko2015 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:01 am

Yeah, I would posted Chameleon Twist 1 but the "chameleons" looked nothing like actual chameleons in that game lol. They looked like weird cartoon frogs/ scuba diving aliens or something. I don't even know how to describe it:

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Nint ... ,_Ltd..jpg

In the 2nd one, they look more like actual chameleons and have a resemblance to Yooka. I forgot why they changed the design. Honestly I didn't play either game that much growing up. I just remember renting them and was randomly thinking to myself of them. When I realized Yooka-Laylee isn't the only platformer based on a chameleon lol. Kind of a random creature to star in a game too.

P.S. I just realized in Chameleon Twist 2, the umbrella comes out of a backpack that the chameleon wears on its back. Just want to take a moment to appreciate that. No Kazooie backpack allusion there or anything haha.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:13 pm

......who said this?

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Stop picking your nose

WyvernWings

Postby WyvernWings » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:57 pm

You know what I am sick of? Yookas feet!
Stop picking your nose

TrenteR

Postby TrenteR » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:12 am

Cheko2015

Postby Cheko2015 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:29 am

I forget what die hard fans everyone is here. You guys are such die hard fans, you don't even get the joke that there are ppl out there that actually are accusing Yooka Laylee being a rip off of BK. I'm new to this board, you guys see. And I was poking fun at it via this thread.

But yeah, if you guys ever venture out on the dankier parts of the web; I've seen it a lot. Folks calling rip off and copyright foul. And then other folks responding getting really pissed off at them. Crazy stuff. Ive heard sentiments in real life accusing them of ripping BK off.

Of course, all of us die hard fans no why its a complete joke to accuse Playtonic of ripping off their own game. And we all support their efforts. Just trying to give this topic context so ppl around here don't take it so seriously and are able to get the "joke" too.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Make the forum great again.

Zita

Postby Zita » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:22 pm

| | |

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Memes move so fast :cry:
Make the forum great again.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”