Will we get a performance comparison of each version before we have to lock in our platform choice?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
thefro

Will we get a performance comparison of each version before we have to lock in our platform choice?

Postby thefro » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:44 pm

I trust Playtonic to make sure that the Wii U and other console platforms perform well, but it'd be nice to avoid a situation like Mighty No. 9 is having where the various console versions are a mess and PC is the way to go.

I'd probably prefer to play it on Wii U (or NX), but I have a PC and XB1 as well.

Meinhard1

Re: Will we get a performance comparison of each version before we have to lock in our platform choice?

Postby Meinhard1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:09 am

Not sure I've heard of anything like this before. Playtonic are focusing on the Wii U and PC versions themselves, noting that more backed Wii U than any other platform.
So While the Wii U is the weakest console, it's getting special attention.

Team 17, their publisher, is doing XBone and PS4 versions.
The games engine, Unity, was chosed for its being very port-friendly.

Scrubber

Re: Will we get a performance comparison of each version before we have to lock in our platform choice?

Postby Scrubber » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:08 am

The console choices ARE locked in aren't they?

I picked xbone and that's now been locked in...

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:26 pm

What Scrubber said.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 pm

The lock in was ages ago.
Make the forum great again.

Blue

Postby Blue » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 pm

After hearing about the port situation, I kind of wish I'd chosen Wii U over PS4. I have faith in Playtonic, but I can't help but worry a bit.
"Hands off my bread."

Lufkin

Postby Lufkin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:33 pm

You can still change your platform choice by contacting BackerKit support via your BackerKit page. I did it a few weeks ago, they changed my platform without any problem.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:40 pm

There's zero chance the WiiU version outperforms the PS4 version. The PS4 port could be a disgusting mess of spaghetti-code and it would outperform the WiiU version on brute force alone. I suspect all ports will run equally well though (barring PC of course). It's Unity.
Make the forum great again.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”