After playing through the Toybox (with a 360 controller) I can say that I agree with pretty much everything you guys said. First, Playtonic, you guys are awesome! But let's recap what kind of improvements I agree (or came up) with:
- Swimming: Please, make it faster! And I prefer the BK-styled swimming where you have to press a button repeatedly to make your swimming movements. It was more immersive that way, made it feel like you're really pushing through the water. Also, Laylee: close your mouth!
- Rolling: Yep, it's a bit clunky when it comes to close turns. That tower drove me crazy as well until I discovered that you can roll slowly as well. But it all depends on the level design in the final game as well.
- Animations: And here I can only repeat what others said: Yooka should really use his hands while pushing something, even if he's just running against a wall. And I hope there's going to be different sneaking / walking animations... slowing down the running animations makes the character look static, but I guess you guys thought about that anyway!
- Voice Mumbling: I'm not that certain about this one. I kind of agree that it would be nice to just speed it up, but I guess skipping the whole thing makes it less annoying if somebody really doesn't like these sounds at all. An option would be great though and effortless as well, I imagine (I'd speed it up!)
- Attack Combos: Where are they?!
- Fighting the minions: Yes, it could have some more punch. May it be visually or sound-wise. Other then that, I'm fine. I guess there will be lots of ways to attack them (BTW ground pounding works as well if you target them correctly), so it won't be that repetitive. And whacking enemies was always rather easy in the Banjo games, so I'm fine. Y-L will probably have the most complex enemies if it comes to that, too, since they've got a proper AI.
- Channel Fades: ...weren't so obvious in this game, since the areas were pretty simple. But what I really want to hear is a proper piano-driven underwater arrangement!
- Momentum: Has to get in there! I imagine I would want to run, then crouch, slide and then do a high jump in quite many situations! That makes the gameplay feel more fluent!
There's too much good stuff to say, though. For example, all the gibberish sounds, the animation after falling from a high place and the general controls! I'll add new stuff if I can think of something
By the way: Will the Jungle World theme be used in the final game now? We heard it like, a thousand times already. From the Kickstarter to the Toy Box, it'd be probably nice to get a new track for the first world. Even if there's that Mayahem-Colosseum-like variation (check out the mixed track @IGN for that), which I couldn't find in the Toy Box.