[ISSUE] Cursor not locked in window

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Beta64

[ISSUE] Cursor not locked in window

Postby Beta64 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:54 pm

Issue description:
When playing the game using a keyboard and mouse, the mouse cursor will be able to move outside the window, causing the player to be able to click outside the window, deselecting the game. This also happens in full screen mode with a second display connected. The cursor will be able to move onto the second display and clicking will select what is under the cursor on the second display.

System:
Mac OS X 10.11.6

Frequency:
100% of the time

Anyone else have this problem? Does this issue happen on Windows?

Eruanno

Re: [ISSUE] Cursor not locked in window

Postby Eruanno » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:06 am

Hey Beta64,

Yep, mostly the same issue, was tested on full-screen mode only, and on Mac as well. Rather than deselecting the game, on occasions I'd be opening applications, folders and right-clicking on applications from the dock located at the bottom side of my screen! Bit annoying I have to admit.
I think from my understanding, it might be a unity thing, as I think you can disable to mouse from deselecting the game in unity, maybe they haven't used it for this alpha. Hopefully they can look into this and give it a fix. :-)

mathphysicsnerd

Re: [ISSUE] Cursor not locked in window

Postby mathphysicsnerd » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:14 pm

I see this thread was responded to already but I have a further issue involving this bug; for some reason when the clicks outside the window deselect the game I return to find no sound whatsoever. This has happened only twice, but it does seem to be a further problem stemming from this initial one. Anybody have advice on preventing this?
"I have a severe addiction to math."

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”