Bugs/Glitches

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
GWoolly

Re: Bugs/Glitches

Postby GWoolly » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:08 am

Wiirbelsturm

Postby Wiirbelsturm » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:25 pm

I also found a bug entering that partical effect room from the top and flying in there. Testet this at the other map changing places i have at the normal Toybox before posting here there it doesn't happen. Seems like it only can happen on high entraces like there. If that happen you land in an empty space flying around a bit automaticly and then you die.

PS. It's also possible by doing it with the tail jump. With that u also come high enough to reproduce it.

Coco

Postby Coco » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:50 pm

My system is Linux Mint 18 (based on Ubuntu 16.04) (Kernel 4.7) with AMD Fury X on the amdgpu drivers (not amdpgu-pro). Chipset is Intel z97 (Asus z97-a).

Issue #1:

The sound becomes slowed down and distorted after alt-tabbing away and back to the game.
Here's a video of what's happening: https://youtu.be/CLlBOfnrHgA

---

Issue #2:

When playing in fullscreen mode, the top 150 lines of pixels of the first screen (made with Unity) stays overlapping on all other screens, including the actual game
Here's a video of what's happening: https://youtu.be/0oF2GDvx7pw

---

Issue #3

I have Toybox+, but I'm unsure on how to actually do the combo-attack (x+x+x), it doesn't seem to work at all.
I'm playing with a Xbox One controller.

Splitter

Postby Splitter » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:34 pm

When the game interrupts with text dialogue the user is put in to a 'neutral' position from whatever they were in. For instance, in a ball roll on a slippery slope, the user is put to standing and hence sliding by the interruption of the game.

I would also like to suggest that the camera is overall buggy. I couldn't zoom out to a comfortable level and keep it there. Any time the camera is adjusted it automatically moves back to the stock position and I found this difficult on tight platforms where I wanted a high view. I suggest that the camera have less spring back to neutral for navigating platforms where a side-on to top-down view is beneficial. For instance, on the tower to the top of the map where the levered platforms are, I could not hold a side-on view for ease of navigation and made about a half dozen falls before I could get to the top, simply because the camera would swing around as I moved faster than I could counter it and I would fall between the platform and the wall.

Yooka and Laylee look great, but they don't need to take up 20% of the screen.

bpislife

Postby bpislife » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:02 pm

Shiny Charizard

Postby Shiny Charizard » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:57 pm

The game does NOT like mouse/keyboard under windowed mode, or, if fullscreen, dual monitor where the other monitor isn't displaying the game. It's extremely easy to move your mouse out, click, and get alt tabbed out of the game.

Grakiao

Postby Grakiao » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Drazerg

Toybox - Bugs

Postby Drazerg » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:02 am

Super Jump Cancel
So, I've figured out when you hold crouch then the jump button to super jump you can slide off a ledge similar to the "Rare" games, however, if you slide off during the animation and hit the ground below, your character will super jump twice.

R Rolling animation/sfx
I'm pretty sure the devs are aware of this one, the faster you go, the faster the animation/sfx plays, meaning Laylee does awkwardly fast movement and noises when pushed by air current or by falling. (Laylee also has no animation when immobile)

cowboy828

Postby cowboy828 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:21 pm

The only bug I have notice was all the letters in some speech boxes and the controller page don't fit on the screen

GWoolly

Postby GWoolly » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:45 pm

mathphysicsnerd

Postby mathphysicsnerd » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:10 pm

While playing I simply slid down between two rocks and got stuck for a moment; turning didn't help me exit and jumping in multiple directions (including spring jumping) managed only to jam me farther down into the rocks until I slid on the side of a piece of geometry (it might've been one of the rocks, but I couldn't tell) and was able to jump over the crevice I was stuck in on the rebound.

It happens about 2 minuted into this video, which I'll be making public in a few days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfJ_Wq7_AU
"I have a severe addiction to math."

navisayslisten

Postby navisayslisten » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:05 pm

Rolling on the water texture in the floor texture test room doesn't cause any splashing. Likewise, I expect the snow texture to show imprints after moving on it. It's likely the texture test room was meant more for the noise than for the visual effects, but thought I'd post about this anyway.

Redeathwing

Postby Redeathwing » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:00 pm

EDIT: I'VE UPLOADED A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE SHOWCASING ALL OF THESE ISSUES. HEAD ON OVER TO TO CHECK THEM OUT!

Alrighty! I have quite a slew of bugs to report, and while I agree that there ought to be a separate bug forum, I'll showcase them here. I've uploaded a video on YouTube showcasing all of these issues. The URL is at the top of this reply:

'ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO QUIT?' message and overlay will remain on-screen during gameplay.

Yooka & Laylee face away from NPC during chat cut-scenes.

Laylee stops gliding prematurely.

I've found other bugs, but they've already been reported here, albeit w/o any STR, like this one:

Camera spins out-of-control when entering an enclosed area.

Anyway, that's all for now. I have experienced other bugs, but I have to go to work now, so I'll write another post at the same time as I update this one with screens and videos (if necessary). Toodles!

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:37 am

I was just replaying the Toybox+ on my Mac with a PS4 controller, but had to quit part way through because a "ghost" took control of Yooka and Laylee. :lol:

I was trying to reach the hidden area around the corner/wall from the landing where you first start by spring jumping and then flapping, but I missed and fell. But when the game restarted, Yooka and Laylee took off running all by themselves, and wouldn't stop. I could steer them and jump, but they never stopped running, so eventually they fell off a ledge, the game restarted, and Yooka and Laylee started running again. It happened over and over as an endless loop no matter what I did to try and get back control (I tried unplugging the PS4 controller and using keyboard controls - I was able to control with the keyboard but the characters still didn't stop running; I tried steering them to speak to Inept, but then they just keep running after Inept finished talking; I tried pausing the game, but the menu was going crazy/scrolling on its own too so I couldn't select anything there; I tried moves such as double jumping and ground pounding in the hope that the moves would someone reset the movement), but I ended up just having to quit as nothing seemed to stop the ghost running.

Dex01

Bug Report: Entering particle effects room while floating kills you

Postby Dex01 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:55 pm

Found a bug in the Toybox, thought I should share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4R_5fO ... e=youtu.be

Crownless

Postby Crownless » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:16 pm

I managed to get one of the enemies in the Toybox+ stuck in an animation loop.

https://youtu.be/Y-k6yyYCqUE

Nothing I did seemed to get the poor little guy out of it. :lol:

Tom55

Re: Bugs/Glitches -- Footstep Switch

Postby Tom55 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:35 am

I was playing around in the footstep sound testing area in the toybox and I noticed that if you jump from one surface type to another, it takes a step for the sound to switch over to the new material. Most of the time, the change happens fast enough where it's not very noticeable, but if you go from something like the puddle material to the wood material, it does sound weird hearing wood splash for a step.

Bromophoros

Postby Bromophoros » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:37 pm

I got the toybox to work once and I was very happy. However, every time I open it now, there is no recognition of my gamepad and the camera is constantly doing 360s around me. No idea what's causing it, just wanted to report.

bansheeghost

Postby bansheeghost » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:05 am

a video of me climbing up the dark blue slide thing. Using the fact that the crouch jump lets you jump in mid-air off a ledge, you can climb the supposedly unclimbable.
boo

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:45 am

Taylonic Ltd.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”