Wii U Pro Controller Layout concern

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
WyvernWings

Wii U Pro Controller Layout concern

Postby WyvernWings » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:25 am

I'm not sure whether this'll be a good thread, or if I should reply to another thread, but I dunno. I feel this is the best way to get this out. It's a bit important to me as a gamer.

On the Wii U Pro Controller, because the face buttons are below the right stick, I typically rest my right thumb on the A and X buttons. The B and Y buttons are a little too far down for my thumb to relax on, and it's a bit uncomfortable.

B and Y are good for secondaries like extra moves and all that, but I personally want the primary 2 buttons in Yooka Laylee to be A and X, but I'm concerned if they will instead go B and Y, or A and B, or any other layout that involves the lower buttons being the primary ones. I greatly dislike resting my thumb those buttons. I'm kinda hoping for the controls to be customisable to a degree because of this.

Do you mind what buttons are used for Yooka Laylee, or doesn't it bother you at all?

waffleme3

Re: Wii U Pro Controller Layout concern

Postby waffleme3 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:34 pm

It might look like it would be hard to reach but it really isnt, I play games with my pro controller and I dont run into problems.
/flys with lord helix

WyvernWings

Re: Wii U Pro Controller Layout concern

Postby WyvernWings » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”