Poll: What do you want to see more of?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

What do you want to see in the next trailer/reveal?

New worlds/areas
11%
New characters
9%
New moves/abilities
2%
New transformations
4%
New music
29%
Arcade mini-games
11%
Co-op mode
11%
Boss battles
4%
Playable demo
6%
Nothing new (no more spoilers)
14%

Total votes: 113

Taylor

Poll: What do you want to see more of?

Postby Taylor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Vote to give Playtonic an idea of what you're looking forward to seeing in the next update. Post if you want to explain your reasoning, or offer an alternative option.

I've voted for music, arcade games, co-op and bosses as I'm curious how they function, but I would like the latter levels etc. full of mystery.

A bit ironically, I also voted for nothing new! Just to express I don't want too much spoiled before release.
Taylonic Ltd.

GeneralWalnut

Re: Poll: What do you want to see more of?

Postby GeneralWalnut » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:22 pm

I'd like to see how co-op mode works, and am interested in seeing an example of what the arcade games will end up looking like. I think I have enough of an idea of how bosses will work (probably) so would kind of prefer those to stay a mystery.

That being said I would not be upset if a new playable demo ended up happening at some point or another. But I'd never say no to that.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

Karate Joe

Postby Karate Joe » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:35 pm

I would like to see the first of the arcade minigames, just for a taste of what the rest have in store. Multiplayer mode would be great too. While I'm curious about the remaining worlds, I think it's for the best that they'd be kept under wraps. Maybe something fun they could do is reveal a song without the context to keep us guessing where it could possibly be use (although I guess the E3 trailer theme already fits this discription.)
More music for sure, I'm very curious about Steve Burke's tracks. Something that excites me is that in the Gamescom interview with David Wise, I think he sort of hinted that he'd also be working on the theme of at least one world.
I'd like to see more of Shipwreck Creek. It's an early area so it wouldn't be that big of a spoiler, and it's gorgeous. But through all the footage and pictures, I can't figure out the general layout in my head. I want to see what it's all about.

Octopeart

Postby Octopeart » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:41 pm

Karate Joe

Postby Karate Joe » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:44 pm

If I had to guess, the ramp fella is the boss for the unexpanded portion of the world to help the player master the Reptile Roll, while then real boss is on the top of the towering mountain. Coincidentally haven't seen the very top yet.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:46 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

Octopeart

Postby Octopeart » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:31 pm

Lufkin

Postby Lufkin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:46 pm

I voted nothing new, but I think it would be cool to hear some Steve Burke music.

Other than that, I saw enough to know that Yooka-Laylee will be an absolutely awesome game (not that I doubt it before), and I would be OK to see nothing new until the game's launch. But, it's probably not the best idea marketing-wise, so we will probably see more until then. I can't get myself to unfollow Playtonic and not visit this forum and the Yooka-Laylee subreddit to be spoiler-free...

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Definitely agree with the poll. General info on the co-op, multiplayer, and various mechanics.

For music: I'd like an update clarifying how they're utilizing the talents of Wise and Burke (Grants role as head composer / scoring banjo-like elements makes sense. Wise doing minecart segments does as well, though I'd like to get more of the thought process behind his scoring other elements. Obviously hearing some of Burke's work would be great)

For characters / areas: definitely seen enough, but look forward to seeing how everything we have seen progresses through the polishing phase.

Also: really got the impression the ramp monster was a boss. Not sure if they'd do multiple per world!

Octopeart

Postby Octopeart » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:15 pm

I've said before that I'd rather not see any more worlds, characters, and transformations, but I'd really like to see an update on some of the stretch goals. I'd really like some sort of confirmation that the music is still going to be orchestrated, and I'm still very curious about the "N64 shader mode." These, along with the co-op and multiplayer modes, could easily involve spoilers, so I'd pretty much just like confirmation that they're still happening. (I have absolute faith in the team!)

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:00 pm

They clarified the questions regarding the music in a recent interview (although I forgot the source right now):

Grant: Worlds, Overworld & Boss Fights

David: Minecarts/Minigames and Boss Fights

Steve: Arcade Games

I voted for "nothing" as well, even I'm interested in anything new, I know that I would absorb it so often that it would loose its freshness when actually playing the game. I'd like to find out about the coop mode though, as somebody mentioned before.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:06 pm

I voted for worlds, characters, and music. I know it's spoilery. I can't help myself though.
Make the forum great again.

Pokemaniac Dan

Postby Pokemaniac Dan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:17 pm

All I'm interested in is music and characters. I don't want everything ruined.

While I would love to see some bosses, I would rather be left in the dark and accidentally stumble upon one during game play. I remember in Cloud Cuckooland I ended up going into Mingy Jongo's skull first without even knowing there was a second skull in the level. The surprise was perfect. So, no bosses, please.

I'm also fine with no more world reveals, either. I love how much we're speculating about the swamp/haunted levels, and the speculating is what makes it fun. We don't know if we're right or wrong. Would much rather be left in the dark.

What I've noticed in the gameplay footage was that there was little music, which is why I'm interested in hearing what they've assembled for the levels/areas we've seen thus far. The trailer music is great, but I'd like a matching up of music/area.

I also would like some more npc reveals. Or even better, more mumbling revealed without a character attached. Wouldn't that be fun to try and guess what kind of character it is by their mumbling?

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Nothing. No more spoilers.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:10 pm

Nothing really.

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:20 am

BanjoThreeie

Postby BanjoThreeie » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:13 am

From now until the game's release, I'd like to see some new music, the co-op mode and multiplayer modes, and maybe a couple of the arcade games. One or two more standard trailers would be nice too, but I wouldn't want them to give too much of the game away.

Forstride

Postby Forstride » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:13 pm

I'd be fine with seeing nothing new until launch. So many developers have a tendency of spoiling WAAAAAAAAY too much stuff leading up to the game's release.

I REALLY don't want to see any new worlds though. More of Tribalstack Tropics and Glitterglaze Glacier would be fine, but I definitely don't want to see the remaining 3.

New music would be cool too I guess, although music is probably the best thing about most video games, and hearing a song for the first time in-game can really be magical.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”