Online Multiplayer?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Prof__Yogert

Re: Online Multiplayer?

Postby Prof__Yogert » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:47 am

i dont think multiplayer lends itself to this type of game, i wouldnt mind to see it, but honestly i would much rather a perfect single player, or even couch coop, but i dont think ill be using online much if they did
I already know the ending it's The part that makes your face implode I don't know what makes your face implode But that's the way the movie ends

Rambi

Postby Rambi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:27 pm

If it's a must for a game, just aim for local and online coop.
No competition, we have enough crappy multiplayer games for that!

Savage Rodent

Postby Savage Rodent » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:26 pm

Yooka-Laylee should be its own game with its own feeling. It shouldn't try to be like Banjo-Kazooie, it shouldn't try to be like Donkey Kong, it should be like Yooka-Laylee.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:28 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:49 pm

i would LOVE online multiplayer! (never got to play tooie on xbox with friends because well friends & family are not always around) wether its minigames, split up co-op,bottles revenge based mode or so on online is always welcomed as long as it has offline co-op as well :D

SpongeTheSquid

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 pm

I would love to have some sort of multiplayer like Tooie had, but up to date. The Goldeneye styled deathmatch game was my favorite.

Meelow

Postby Meelow » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:30 am

I wouldn't even mind if the multiplayer is just Tooie's multiplayer with online, give me HD versions of these with better controls!

etc

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:31 am

I think I'd be pretty happy with pretty much any implementation of multiplayer that could possibly be used.

The only way I wouldn't be so keen is if it were mandatory to achieve 100% completion of the game. :D
A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

Viellain
Location: The North American Plate on Planet Earth, part of the Solar System within the Milky Way.

Postby Viellain » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:08 am

I loved that small FPS Style egg shooting multiplayer. Also choose the smallest character. Never pick grunty unless you want to seriously make yourself that big of a hitbox.

Savage Rodent

Postby Savage Rodent » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Yooka-Laylee should be its own game with its own feeling. It shouldn't try to be like Banjo-Kazooie, it shouldn't try to be like Donkey Kong, it should be like Yooka-Laylee.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:27 pm

No no no no no NO multiplayer. Full attention on the single player please thanks

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:28 pm

Limited funds. I rather have all the funds dedicated to singleplayer.

SilverWolf

Postby SilverWolf » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:28 am

As long as it doesn't subtract from the single player experience, I'd love the option to play cooperatively. Similar to Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends. At the very least making mini games online would fantastic, but if there was a cooperative mode, I'd love that too. Especially if you're able to play the main story mode with a friend or family member. At the very least, the option to do this would be great.

If you do add multplayer of any sort, PLEASE make it online.

RareAware

Postby RareAware » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Nah, I just want an awesome single-player platformer that absorbs me into the experience.

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:28 pm

I think a multiplayer mode is also one of those things which have to do with this rareware magic, I mean most of the rareware games have a multiplayer mode which was allways very funny to play. For example Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Tooie, Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini thats almost every rare game except Blast Corps and Banjo-Kazooie which had a multiplayer mode and Killer Instinct Gold was a fighting game and Diddy Kong Racing a racing game and those genres allways including a 2 player or multiplayer mode. One of the most funny part of the multiplayer modes was the variety, multiple options and funny cheats, I remember there was a DK mode for the multiplayer mode in Goldeneye 007 or a paintball mode, also those multiple options and modes, like only rockets, only throwing knifes and stuff like that and what I mean with the variety there where like many different minigames and even a fps style multiplayer mode in Banjo-Tooie or for example in Jet Force Gemini there was an unlockable racing type multiplayer mode or even in Conkers Bad Fur Day was a racing type mode. So it would be really nice to see a multiplayer mode in Project Ukulele.

Phineas Q. Phailboat

Postby Phineas Q. Phailboat » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:22 pm

I felt the way that multiplayer was added into Banjo Tooie and Donkey Kong 64 was very organic. It did not feel shoehorned in at all. I think something like that would be a welcome addition but too much focus on multiplayer can definitely ruin a good game.

ottake

Postby ottake » Sat May 02, 2015 1:02 am

I prefer splitscreen multiplayer than random online, if they do add online I think it should be designed for a small ammount of people, and allow you to invite your friends to the game.

What would be really good is a system like Super Street Fighter IV, it lets friends connect even if the max ammount of players is reached, and those who can't play just watch the game while connected on voice-chat. It keeps the gameplay focused on a small ammount of players but lets you share it with more friends.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”