Surprised you missed that! It's an interesting piece of info. Here's Andy R's response:https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyPlaytoni ... wsrc%5Etfw
In reply to the original post:
You are persuasive, but cuttently still believe there will be 5 worlds.
I come across most YL updates on my twitter. Here's a few pertinent tweets:
- In May 2016 Dean tweets about doing art up the final worldhttps://mobile.twitter.com/DeanWilsonAr ... 0487984128
- A few days later Playtonic replied to a tweeted question stating: "planning on 5 currently."https://mobile.twitter.com/PlaytonicGam ... 1769700352
Clear wording, not coy/playful, and Playtonic didn't need to respond here.
- So: final world is apparently early-mid progress in March, they state 5 are planned.
- They decided to delay sometime in May and announced this beginning of June (i.e. When they delayed the game, they said the decision came about in last 2 weeks)
- At E3 Steve Mayles stressed the core content was about finished.
- They've continued to assert they're in a "polishing phase" since.
Considering the above, my conclusion:
I don't see where a 6th world's inserion fits in if we take thier PR at face value.
It is likely they had planned on 6 with their original "more than 5 worlds" promised but as development progressed it became clear that 5 worlds was already a lot of content for the team to create. The totals screen reflects content that was once planned but not formally cut at the development stage of the press/demo build. Andys's "dated build" tweet meshes with this!
My two bits, and this way I'm managing my own expectations!