Nintendo Switch support for Yooka Laylee?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
dotEXE

Re: Nintendo Switch support for Yooka Laylee?

Postby dotEXE » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:02 pm

Different parent companies, and it's the most recent platform. Invalid argument.

I agree with Scrubber though, I hope that once YL is done they move right along to the next project. As an aside, they wanted to get two teams up and running and I THINK I remember some quip about wanting to have Game 2 brainstorming/developing before YL is actually out. Wonder if they have a Team B working on any ideas yet. My guess is no, but would be interesting.
Make the forum great again.

Alph

Postby Alph » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:05 pm

I think Playtonic's first priority right now should be fulfilling the promises of the Kickstarter. A Switch version can (and should) come later but right now I'd rather they not devote any time or resources toward it until they're done with the versions they're already making.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:03 pm

ZeroJanitor

Postby ZeroJanitor » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:15 am

^Why's that?

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:59 pm

They release buggy unfinished games with broken features and terrible online servers. They then leave these games with the bugs and don't bother patching them. They aren't great with support and customer service either. They took down their forums so there's nowhere to discuss problems yet they don't reply to support emails. If you tweet them with a compliment they retweet and like. If you tweet with a problem or complaint they completely ignore it. These are all qualities that don't relate to Rare (now playtonic) and I wouldn't want them pulling playtonic down into sloppy ways of working.
Last edited by Scrubber on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Stop picking your nose

Y00kaz0013fanb0y

Postby Y00kaz0013fanb0y » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:42 pm

I'd Love to see Yooka laylee on the Nintendo Switch, Only Released MUCH Later than the OTHER Initial Consoled that were already planned to release it since the Kickstarter.
I, For One, Welcome the highly anticipated return of the 3d Collect-athon Platformer Genre of Video Games and will continue to support Playtonic no matter what

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:29 am

Stop picking your nose

ZeroJanitor

Postby ZeroJanitor » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:10 am

Cool, Wii U was the only viable thing I have for running this game (my laptop is bad) so I guess I gotta buy a whole new system for a game I already "bought"

Salty though I may be, this might be better in the long run; the Switch is more powerful than the Wii U by however much so that's a higher minimum threshold for the game to run at. It could potentially allow for more resource-intensive assets that the Wii U wouldn't be able to handle as well.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Well I sure had this one pegged backwards. In my defense I was assuming the WiiU could handle the game :lol:
Make the forum great again.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”