Are you guys still gonna get the game?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

Are you still going to get the game?

Yeah. (It doesn't matter anyways. I still love the game & Co.)
75%
Yes. (But I might have to have to change consoles.)
17%
Maybe.
6%
No. (But I might reconsider buying it sometime in the future.)
No votes
NO! (I WANT MY MONEY BACK! *Hsss!* PLAYTONIC GAMES ARE EVIL!)
3%

Total votes: 36

John Enigma

Are you guys still gonna get the game?

Postby John Enigma » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:26 pm

NOTE:This is for Wii U owners only.

Since Playtonic Games decided to cancel the Wii U version of Yooka-Laylee in favor of the Nintendo Switch console, it was so controversial that a lot of people got mixed feelings about it.

So, so controversial that despite everything, people seem to have forgotten that they have two options for those that have pledged the Wii U version: 1. Get a refund or 2. Change it to another console that was mentioned in the Kickstarter, including Switch.

But I want to know, and I want you guys to be super honest with me: Are you still going to get the game?
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Piet

Re: Are you guys still gonna get the game?

Postby Piet » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:43 pm

Maybe, let's see what the future brings. :)

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:49 pm

I am not getting the game. But because I backed in partnership with my brother and he would like to get Switch, that particular backer pledge will switch to a Switch copy. I'm not sure when I'll get to play the game though.

It will be good to know how good the codes are good for. If it can't be redeemed after a year, then it might be a waste.

And I'm still not sold on the idea that a beta version on Wii U can't be released. £2 million in funding covers any fees putting the game on eShop would have, and I'm sure Nintendo would waive it for a game redeemable only be code and encourage a stronger relationship on Switch.

30 FPS or a bit of clipping doesn't bother me. I played N64 games.
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

KnifeySkarekrow

Postby KnifeySkarekrow » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:02 am

After Grant's tweet yesterday, that may not be out of the question, Ex...but I don't know...
GIT READY FOR A SHOCK!!!

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”