Kickstarter Stretch Goals

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Jim

Re: Kickstarter Stretch Goals

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:57 pm

N64 replica cartridge.

rodolink

Postby rodolink » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:57 pm

A USB UKULELE

A REAL INSTRUCTIVE BOOKLET

levy

Postby levy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:00 pm

I just wanted to be really vocal about the voice-over thing you mentioned. I'd REALLY love to do voice-over for this game. Would be an honor and I'm be willing to pay "the money" and would be glad to be able to do that.

Another great ideas:
- Full multiplatform release
- Soundtracks
- N64 Cartridge & Box Replica (Pleeeeeeeeease.) - Maybe even have something inside?
- Artbook
- Physical retail copy
- amiibo (of course!)
- In case of a Nintendo release - To be compatible with already released Nintendo amiibo and offer something, even little. Maybe cosmetical changes only, or even more if you're willing (Ex. Fire Ball power-up if you scan Mario, etc...).

But please... VOICE OVER!!!

JoVo-7

Postby JoVo-7 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:02 pm

I would like to do a voice-over in the game as well actually!!

Tbone51

Postby Tbone51 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:03 pm

WiiU Version + Amiibos!

of course PS4/X1 versions for all players too, Definitely Nintendo needs the most love however. Best Rare is now Here :-D

Dr Derpington

Postby Dr Derpington » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Today most things we receive are digital rewards but I personally love physical rewards, but hey, maybe I'm just oldschool :3

Sailor Mars

Postby Sailor Mars » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:14 pm

A replica N64 cartridge, KS exclusive poster, soundtrack, and a mini plush of protagonist would be pretty cool strech goals.

DKVineHyle

Postby DKVineHyle » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Tight yellow shorts. I want to be able to pop off my shirt and let the world know I've got a body by Banjo.

Krockhead

Postby Krockhead » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Gavin said he didn't think there would be a demand for Ukulele characters to cross over with other company's characters, but let's show him that there is a demand. Who wouldn't want to see a Ukulele/Banjo crossover, or even a Ukulele/Donkey Kong one.

Marcus_Siactro

Postby Marcus_Siactro » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:22 pm

I would really love to see something like a Playtonic styled USB Gamepad for PC or something. Just like we had back in the day with that DK64 one. :D

Lienk

Postby Lienk » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:27 pm

The game for Wii U and Amiibo's! :D

mijuee

Postby mijuee » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:29 pm

And yeah, please playtonic NO digital rewards,that's like giving anything. everything physical (copy of the game, art book, figures,ost...)

Lukhuta

Postby Lukhuta » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:32 pm

I'd love to get some nice goal rewards such as:

-a cartridge replica (to remind me of the golden age of 3D platformers)
-a poster (because great art direction is always worthy of getting posters)
-a soundtrack cd (let's be honest here, everyone will have ear orgasms everytime they play this game, let's make it an orgasm cd)
-a P.O.O.P. action figure, coming with accessories
-a Grant Kirkhope action figure... Okay I'm not so sure about this one to be honest :D
-a signed photograph of the golden team

And for potential in game bonuses:

-some backers "exclusive" Cheato codes to turn the MCs of the game into crazy stuffs (yeah, right, implying there wouldn't be cheat codes in this one)
-googly eyes mode. EVERYTHING MUST BE GOOGLY.
-a backer only short level (or a joke of a level, because let's not be unfair to non backers)

I think I'll burn up the credit card for once on a kickstarter. Make me go wild guys!

Loggo

Postby Loggo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Cranky Kong

Postby Cranky Kong » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:36 pm

First of all, thanks to Playtonic for giving us a chance to suggest kickstarter stretch goals. :)

There are lots of great suggestions in this thread. I would like primary to see any of these stretch goals:

- Wii U-Version, PS4-Version, XBox One-Version (in that order :P)
- Soundtrack-Release!!! (CD would be cool, but something like an amazon mp3-download is better than nothing)
- Autographs from the Playtonic Team members
- An artbook
- Extra mode in the game to play as POOP.
- Donkey Kong- and Diddy Kong-Amiibo-support

polomi

Postby polomi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:47 pm

I don't like the idea of putting things like backers' names in the game, I think it kinda stains the game with stuff that has no place in its universe.

However, if Playtonic decides to go with this, here's one way that I think would be a good implementation:
Let there be a room like the sand castle in Banjo-Kazooie where we can input letters for cheat codes. Just let something special happen if we input the name of a backer! :D That's not intrusive as it basically leaves the game unchanged.
Last edited by polomi on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinsei

Postby Kinsei » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:50 pm

A release on all three current gen consoles
A soundtrack
A boss rush
Costumes for the main characters
Behind the scenes DVD

As for backer tiers all I can really think of is plushies of the main characters.

MFWolfe

Postby MFWolfe » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:53 pm

For rewards: I was particularly interested in the voice-over opportunity they spoke about on stage. That sounds amazing. This game feels like a culmination of so many different game-related desires I've had since I finished Tooie for the first time almost fifteen years ago and being able to put my voice in it would be absolutely amazing.

That option will probably be out of my price range, however, so I'd also love the opportunity to have my name in the credits. I used to think that the whole "you get mentioned in our credits" was a huge cop-out for kickstarter users, but after I've done it once, there really is nothing like seeing your name in a game you love and KNOWING that other people who played through the game will see your name too.

Of course, the coolest tangible possibilities are the N64 cart and the amiibo. I personally doubt that Playtonic will be allowed to make their own amiibos. It would be cool, I'm just doubtful.

Besides those things, I'd love to see the usual. Free copies of the game, poster, signed poster, etc.

For Stretch Goals: Wii U is the one I care most about. Besides that, I don't really know. Maybe Stop n' Swap.

The problem with asking for "more levels" is that the team is just going to put the number of levels they seem fit regardless. I wouldn't want to sacrifice the balance of the game just to have what I think is "more" anyway.

tatsu_dez112

Postby tatsu_dez112 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Let's see:

- soundtrack
- poster
- artbook

BanjoUkulele

Postby BanjoUkulele » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:16 pm

I want to have the Soundtrack I mean, Hey it´s from Grant Krikhope and David Wise!!!

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”