About text dialogues, swimming and enemys

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Kaitri

About text dialogues, swimming and enemys

Postby Kaitri » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:40 am

Hello all, this is my first post here.
i ensure you i read a lot of posts before creating this one but i found almost none about text dialogues and thought might aswell include my whole feedback.

so my biggest problem with text dialogues right now is if i press A just once (xbox360 controller) it blends in the whole dialogue and skips the funny gibberish of the npcs.
but im also a fast reader, right now the text is too slow for me. BT had the perfect system, by holding down A the text was faster (and the talking was faster aswell) i really hope there will be some change to it.

about swimming and enemys i saw many posts but still i'll kinda repeat my own feedback.

swimming feels slow and kinda like old pokemon games. you press B/X just once and you move "1 square" it feels like no matter how soft/hard i press the button i always move the same way up/down. and yea with the possibility of a swamp world which will include lots of swimming... the speed is just too slow for me.

enemys... i know we dont have all moves in the toybox so i just hope we get a midair attack, but besides that fighting feels boring. enemys kinda just vanish in smoke. they dont get knocked back in force, explode, drop their weapon, fall apart etc. attacking enemys in BK and BT was really fun, the sound they made, the expressions the animations etc.
in the toybox version fighting is just really boring. poof and the enemy vanishes in smoke.

thats my little feedback thread about my right now ~6hour time in toybox (im no speedrunner, i just liked to mess around in it cause its alrdy great!)
thanks for reading, please drop feedback etc.

ShanPen

Re: About text dialogues, swimming and enemys

Postby ShanPen » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:29 am

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:15 pm

I think the slow text issue is exclusive to the toybox I seriously doubt they would be daft enough to not have a speedy text button like in their previous games.

lavamario

Postby lavamario » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:49 am

Yeah, if the text speed-up function isn't fixed I'm going to have a serious bone to pick with Playtonic.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”