Vehicles? I hope not. (spoilers)

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
WyvernWings

Re: Vehicles? I hope not. (spoilers)

Postby WyvernWings » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:24 am

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Well I'll got spoiled through a Tweet (with a screenshot of said transformation), which Playtonic favorited (and therefore showed up in my timeline). So I muted them whole, Kickstarter updates will be enough for new info, I guess. Anyway: I felt also a bit negative towards this transformation, but only since I never really liked them as much as the animal ones. There are very few in the Banjo games if you think about it (in Tooie was only the bee if I remember correctly). But I really prefer these (and "thing" transformations such as the pumpkin or the snowball) by a design standpoint over vehicles. Simply because, and not because of Nuts'n'Bolts.

Jinjo

Postby Jinjo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:05 am

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:38 am

Jinjo

Postby Jinjo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Of all the transformations we could have had, Playtonic chose boring vehicles that feel barely meaningful. They didn't learn from Nuts and Bolts lol? Coupled with even worse controls than the main characters, I don't think this is good for the game.

Jinjo

Postby Jinjo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Example: An emperor penguin that has the ability to keep its breath underwater and swim faster, able to explore deep under water caverns and withstand freezing cold temperatures.

Or... a snow plow vehicle. :|

Yeah... sorry to say but this pales in comparison to Banjo Kazooie. Even without comparisons I think it's pretty meh. I wanted it to be good but, just no. The transformations are boring and frankly pointless. I'm sure Yooka could have used his huge, blocky, shovel shaped head instead of needing to be transformed into a snow plow.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”