Timing of rewards to backers?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
WyvernWings

Timing of rewards to backers?

Postby WyvernWings » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:55 am

With Yooka coming out in less than 2 months I am starting to wonder when Playtonic will deliver the physical game and items from the Kickstarter to its backers. I can only guess they are gonna try and coincide the delivery with the game's official release date, but that's a near-impossible feat as distance varies for each and every backer all over the world.

I live in Australia and I received my Yooka socks from the Byrt Kickstarter a month-and-a-half after people everywhere else got theirs it seems... I sure don't want to have to wait that long for my physical copy of the game and my rewards several weeks after the official release due to late postage or shoddy delivery services.
Personally, I hope the goodies are sent a month before the release date, due to the amount of time it can take for items to get from one place of the world to another.

I dunno. That wasn't really a question, I suppose I could ask if you're concerned about this too, if you're a backer.

I'd love if Playtonic could share when and/or how they're going to send the rewards to their backers, that'd be great, so we know what's going on...
Last edited by WyvernWings on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Piet

Re: Timing of rewards to backers?

Postby Piet » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:24 am

This is going to cause problems. Mark my words.

Pokemaniac Dan

Postby Pokemaniac Dan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:50 pm

It was to my understanding (I may be wrong) that backers who upgraded to a physical copy would be receiving just the physical copy (no longer digital) and that PG was working to get their physical copies on release day. I feel like I read that somewhere.

As far as other physical rewards, I do believe they should be a secondary priority as far as making sure they are received on release day. You have to take into consideration, like you mentioned, the amount of backers and the varying locations of each. Not sure why people are seriously that demanding that they wouldn't understand the breadth of this project and all of the logistics involved.

karashata

Postby karashata » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:13 pm

I have to agree with what Pokemaniac Dan said, physical game copies will likely be sent out somewhat early to try to coincide arrival with the release date of the game, with the remainder of the physical rewards shipping as soon as they're ready.

If this project ends up working like other projects I've backed, digital codes and other rewards will be made available sometime prior to the game's release (average seems to be about a week prior), with game downloads activating/installing on the game's release date. If digital rewards aren't ready prior to the game's release, they will be made available as soon as they're ready.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”