(spoiler?) About the game length and how finding all secrets will take much, much longer. Consistent framerate for Pc!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Yavga

(spoiler?) About the game length and how finding all secrets will take much, much longer. Consistent framerate for Pc!

Postby Yavga » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Stop picking your nose

Omega

Re: (spoiler?) About the game length and how finding all secrets will take much, much longer. Consistent framerate for

Postby Omega » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:54 pm

What?? 35 hours sounds like a total exaggeration. I mean, if people who played the game for 2 hours alredy unlocked the second world and expanded the first, there s no way the game will take 35 hours to beat.

Gorjo

Re: (spoiler?) About the game length and how finding all secrets will take much, much longer. Consistent framerate for

Postby Gorjo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:32 pm

I would love it to be true.

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:48 pm

I think about 35 hours is more reasonable to 100% the game, going on reviews I have heard. To get to the boss on your first playthrough, without collecting everything, perhaps 15-20 hours or so. It would really depend on the player of course!

And the framerate on PC will of course depend on the computer specs.
Taylonic Ltd.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:34 am

Stop picking your nose

Piet

Postby Piet » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:26 am

35 hours?
Did the guy also beat BK in 30 hours, or what? :')

Spydr Webz

Postby Spydr Webz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:33 pm

The game is most definitely not a 35-hour playthrough just to reach the final boss without 100%. I've played many story driven games from RPGs to shooters that don't even come close to this. A platformer certainly isn't anywhere near as time-consuming as those.

Then again, it all depends on your playstyle. If you're a platformer newbie, and you have no idea what you're doing or are just plain bad, it will take a lot longer to finish. For veterans like us, however, it won't be quite as difficult. 10-15 hours for a non-100% playthrough sounds much more reasonable.

-

(POTENTIAL SPOILER HERE)??
Also, while watching the recent EGX footage, it was revealed that it takes one Pagie to enter the first world, only three to enter the second, and only FIVE to expand the second. FIVE. At that rate, it seems that not many Pagies will really be required to even complete the game.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:40 am

Stop picking your nose

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:20 pm

YL Any% will be sub 2 hours by next Friday :P
Make the forum great again.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Hey, I was right by the way.

Yooka Laylee Any% speedruns are down to 52 minutes already.
Make the forum great again.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”