gameXplain jsut put up their XB1 review for Yooka-Laylee.
The review is very poor in many ways.
1. What the reviewer says is the total opposite to the gameplay footage shown.
2. The gameplay complaints the reviewer goes on and on about are absent in 100% of the gameplay footage. He does not show any proof of the gameplay issues he claims are there.
3. The control issues the reviewer goes on about look more like poor player skill. He says the mini games suffer from this. It's clearly obvious he rushed through the game and never took the time to get good at the mini games.
4. The game looks great in the video. There is a total cute charm there.
5. The reviewer keeps going on about how he wished this was a Banjo-Kazooie clone and is disappointed that it's not. He wanted to review a new Banjo-Kazooie game, not Yooka-Laylee.
6. The reviewer complained there is not enough creatures there to fill up the game world. gameXplain said similar things about Breath of the Wild and we know that's jsut not true. I can't seeing Playtonic ever making a rookie mistake like this. They would have the pacing of the game done well.
This bloke is just hating on what looks like a very good game. It's a shame when people hate on a game for no other reason then they just want to hate. Haters gotta hate as they say. Do not believe anything said in this review. It's just pure hate on the game.
Also on a related point, I told gameXPlain this and they deleted my post from facebooka and blocked me from commenting on their facebook posts. I called gameXplain out on their disrespectful garbage review and they could not handle it and just blocked the truth. Shame on gameXplain.
Here is the review in question.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYNfB3ZYtJc
From what I have heard (on others who have played the game), is the game is very good and plays well.