Yooka-Laylee co op

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
YookaLayleeFan

Yooka-Laylee co op

Postby YookaLayleeFan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:20 pm

In the main adventure how does co op work. I am not referring to the arcade mini games. In the main adventure option it says about a co op mode.

Taylor

Re: Yooka-Laylee co op

Postby Taylor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Similar to Mario Galaxy. The second player controls the "B Team" (a small swarm of bees) via a cursor to assist in collecting items and hurting baddies etc.
Taylonic Ltd.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:24 am

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:45 am

Taylonic Ltd.

Jwlo

Postby Jwlo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:55 am

I just figured this out.

Press start on a second controller and the bee team should appear. Sometimes you have to press start again to reactivate them if they haven't moved in a while.

Use the control stick to move them. The bee team moves like a cursor on the screen.

When over a quill or butterfly, press A to grab it. You'll see a yellow swirl on the bee team if you collected it.

If you've grabbed a butterfly, press B to drop it. It'll reappear near yooka and Laylee so they can grab it!

There's no in-game instructions and there's zero audio feedback. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but those are the basics of using the bee team.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”