Option to turn voices off

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Disturbed Blue

Option to turn voices off

Postby Disturbed Blue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:21 am

I had a look around the forum but did not see a thread mentioning this suggestion. If this has already been discussed please ignore.

I would like to suggest that there be an option to turn character voice dialogues off while still having sound effects on. I'm aware that this probably won't be popular with a lot of fans. However, I have noticed for a majority of people I know dislike the voices when reading the dialogue in game. "Oh.. it's still going!Hah.. do they do that the WHOLE game?" (This is when they've played BK or Toybox for the first time). It's cute but I begrudgingly admit that they can get a little graining. An ON/OFF toggle for Character Voices would be a very welcomed option.

Taylor

Re: Option to turn voices off

Postby Taylor » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 am

Have you played the game? Tapping A during the dialogue skips ahead and stops the mumble, leaving you with barely a fraction of sound per speech bubble. It's really not that bad...
Taylonic Ltd.

Disturbed Blue

Postby Disturbed Blue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:05 am

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:08 am

Taylonic Ltd.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Only the first time. I'm sure I will get impatient and scroll through them, as I will restart a lot :lol:

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”