Favorite World? [Potential World Name/Theme Spoilers]

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

Which is your favorite Yooka Laylee world?

Tribalstack Tropics
35%
Glitterglaze Glacier
4%
Moodymaze Marsh
9%
Capital Cashino
22%
Galleon Galaxy
30%

Total votes: 23

Pokemaniac Dan

Favorite World? [Potential World Name/Theme Spoilers]

Postby Pokemaniac Dan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:26 pm

Now that most of us have had the time to traverse the world of Yooka Laylee, which individual book world stands out as a favorite? Could base this simply on challenges, theme, environment, art, color, characters, music, or a culmination of all of that rolled into one.

My answer? It's a tough call. There are things I like and don't like about all the worlds. I found myself surprisingly into Capital Cashino and the uniqueness of it. Loved the colorful bioluminescent display of Galleon Galaxy as well as the difficulty of traversing it. Really loved the theme of Moodymaze Marsh and the colors. And Tribalstack Tropics was a great starter world with some awesome platforming.

Overall, my vote will be for Capital Cashino. I thought going into this game that it'd be my least favorite, but I was really pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it. It was the first world that actually challenged me (Rextro, Kartos, I.N.E.P.T) and caused me to search endlessly for something I was missing. Plus, the little tasks and games were a lot of fun.

Galleon Galaxy is a very close second. Really great design, characters, and challenges!

Moodymaze Marsh comes in third, Tribalstack Tropics fourth, and Glitterglaze Glacier finishes at the bottom.

What does everyone else feel?

Omega

Re: Favorite World? [Potential World Name/Theme Spoilers]

Postby Omega » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:02 am

I voted for Glitterglaze Glacier. The level just looks so beautiful. I didnt liked the extension for the level, but it was great overall. Second has to be Capital Cashino. I though I would dislike it because it looked just a bit "empty" in the gameplay footage. There is so much to do there. Heck, it might become my favorite in the long run :)

All levels are greath though. Thats the good thing about having few levels, all are unique!

Natsu

Postby Natsu » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:49 am

I liked Galleon Galaxy the most. The pirate atmosphere is synonymous with Rare for me, and this world did it with a unique approach. It's also easy to keep everything organized in your head because everything is separated by islands. I also really enjoyed Tribalstack Tropics. I usually don't fall in love with the opening world, but this one is just amazing. Reminds me of Bobomb Battlefield.

Spydr Webz

Postby Spydr Webz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:59 am

It's tough to choose between Tribalstack Tropics and Galleon Galaxy because both are amazing! But I chose Tribalstack Tropics.

What makes these two worlds great is that everything is separated into distinguishable "areas" so it's easy to remember where you've been and easy to decide where you should explore next.

The other worlds are cool, but they're a bit... overwhelming. I get lost easily, and it's difficult to become acclimated with the way the world is structured. It's like a big open space with so much to do, and you're not sure what to do first. It's also tough to remember what where you have and haven't been yet. Capital Cashino I feel is a main culprit of this. I spent a good hour just running around the world trying to get a feel for how it is laid out. Moodymaze Marsh has a similar issue. Galleon Galaxy (the unexpanded version, at least) does a really good job of separating the different areas so you can fully explore on place and move on to the next.

Playtonic should take note of this for future games.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:28 pm

Capital Cashino is my favourite so far. It's not too big so you can find your way around and I like the atmosphere. The only thing I would change is those boring slot machines. There's too many of them and they are time consuming.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:10 am

Capital Cashino works the best imo, I liked it most. It's the only enclosed level that doesn't feel like cloud cuckoo land to me :) wish we had more of those! Please let a notorious president do some level design, we'll have walls!
Stop picking your nose

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”