Cheapest Computer That Will Run

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
PrinceSamlet

Cheapest Computer That Will Run

Postby PrinceSamlet » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:22 pm

I haven't bought a game since like 2008 and dopey me thought this game would run on a late-2011 MacBook Pro but I really want to play this game asap and I don't have much money right now so like what's the cheapest thing this will run on? I don't even care if it's a little notebook or something as long as I can plug it to my monitor and connect my ps3 controller. Halp this is life or death

soulstorm64

Re: Cheapest Computer That Will Run

Postby soulstorm64 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:23 am

Today I tested the game on a fairly old laptop to see how it would run and it played very nicely granted the settings had to be turned down slightly and the resolution set to 1600x760 but still looked fine.

I put a link to a eBay listing to get a idea of how much

PandaLover

Postby PandaLover » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:25 pm

EDIT: I was assuming you havnt bought it yet, if you have then nevermind. Or if you bought on steam you should be able to get a refund if you have not played more than 2 hours, then buy on PS4.

Typically a console will be cheaper than a PC that can play a modern video game. You can buy a new PS4 that you know will play the game very well for $250 which is very cheap relatively speaking. Pretty much any new PC, even ones that cant play this game would cost at-least $450. If you are really desperate you could buy a used PS4 that, assuming it isnt broken and you arent being ripped off, you know will also work.

Buying a laptop that will cost you 150 when you factor everything in seems a bit risky. It looks like total garbage, and there are no specs listed as far as graphics go. The PS4 at-least will also be serviceable with new games for a while to come, so there is that. Having a second laptop wont do you any good really.

This is a seemingly reliable seller selling refurbed PS4 at $210 comes with controller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStatio ... SwCU1Ypx~u

PrinceSamlet

Postby PrinceSamlet » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:35 pm

All good options. Thanks guys. I didn't know steam would give me a refund. I will check that out. Used PS4 seems like the best way to go

Gorjo

Postby Gorjo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 pm

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”