Some world ideas I've been thinking about:
Some based on what I've seen here, others my own creations.
1. Cloudy Canopy – A giant valley with tall evergreen trees, footpaths and rocky outcroppings. At its highest point, there is a network of cloud platforms giving quick transit and also a different aesthetic.
2. Area 17 – A desert with rolling dunes, outcroppings and caves. Maybe magic carpets, desert dwellings and an oasis. In the centre is a crashed UFO site, and maybe a pyramid/stone circle. The locals could’ve erected the monuments in homage to the crashed aliens.
3. Lake with ship / submarine in centre – A large circular body of water surrounded by mesa where streams and waterfalls meet the lake. In the centre is a submarine for a mysterious purpose. Either abandoned or containing NPCs.
4. Frozen Factory – A weathered factory complex built in harsh icy wastes. Enterable and complex inside. Elaborate mine network dug out by abandoned drillers beneath the ground.
5. Giant House – A giant replica of a typical human household. Featuring a few rooms. Tables, chairs, a secret mouse hole. A giant fishbowl complete with boss goldfish. Maybe even a piano like in MMM. A sink in a kitchen whose plughole is enterable, featuring a labyrinth of plumbing.
6. Lava Gorge – A deep fissure runs between grassy plains with a village split across both sides. Features a lava river running deep below the sheer cliffs.
7. Dream / Nightmare – A wide open world featuring a divide down the middle. One side is idyllic and dreamy, the other nightmarish and grim. A conflict is ongoing between the two forces.