Anyone else 'forced' to buy the Limited Run Games bundle? Left a bitter taste!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Harry123

Anyone else 'forced' to buy the Limited Run Games bundle? Left a bitter taste!

Postby Harry123 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:40 am

Firstly, I know no one forced me to buy anything. But I really wanted the Switch physical special edition. Unfortunately it sold out quick on Limited Run Games, due to a small amount on sale. Another, unknown amount, was bundled together with loads of crap for $190, if people really want the special edition they're going to buy it. It arrived this week, I now have two copies of the game standard, 3 soundtracks because I already have one, a key chain and sticker I had to buy :roll: It reminds me of when the Switch came out and shops were only selling $500 bundles. Anyway, I have seen other people not happy and now eBay is a flood of extra items. I would hate for this to happen with future releases!

ShanPen

Re: Anyone else 'forced' to buy the Limited Run Games bundle? Left a bitter taste!

Postby ShanPen » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Yeah I wish Limited Run Games did open preorders for their special editions, too. I know some people would whinge that it would mean the items weren't limited anymore, but they'd still be limited enough (being only available from one company for a short period of time), and would mean fans would get to buy the version they wanted instead of scalpers buying up a whole lot of them to put straight onto eBay.

Do you think you will try to sell your excess, unwanted items on eBay to attempt to recuperate costs? Or keep them until there aren't so many flooding the market?

Harry123

Re: Anyone else 'forced' to buy the Limited Run Games bundle? Left a bitter taste!

Postby Harry123 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Limited time to allow the fans to all grab one would be much better. I'm trying to sell my extra stuff now on eBay. I'm being realistic not looking for reseller mark up. One guy has 5 copies of the standard LRG game for $99 each! I think there's 6 limited game companies now. Remember the time when developers would want you're money, now it seems hard to buy games even if you have the money!

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”