Banjo Kazooie Cameo?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
GameFreak

Banjo Kazooie Cameo?

Postby GameFreak » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:07 pm

Rare seems to be throwing there IPs at anyone lately. With Conker in Project Spark and Battletoads in Shovel Knight, they just don't seem to know what to do with them anymore other than cameo appearances in other games. What if Playtonic Games were able to get Banjo and Kazooie to guest star in there new game? It would be so cool to see Banjo and Kazooie interact with there "replacements"

Taylor

Re: Banjo Kazooie Cameo?

Postby Taylor » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

GameFreak

Postby GameFreak » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:24 pm

WOW! That Stop n Swop idea with the new heroes giving Banjo a jiggy and Banjo giving them a Pagie sounds like a dream come true! While I doubt that will ever happen, I hope there is at least Stop n Swop interaction with other new heroes Playtonic makes.

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Either a cameo or crossover. (That is, if Project Ukulele also becomes a PC/Xbox One exclusive as well.)

It would be nice if our new heroes met the originals.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

karashata

Postby karashata » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:37 pm

I don't think I'd mind a cameo appearance, but it couldn't really be tied to the story, since it's likely this game will appear on more than just Windows PCs and Xbox, and I certainly don't want them to make the game exclusive to either (or both) in order to allow such a cameo to happen.

Shawnsim

Postby Shawnsim » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:58 pm

If there are transformations in the game, it might be fun to accidentally transform into B-K ala the washing machine.

Alph

Postby Alph » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:12 pm

There is literally nothing in the world I want more than a Banjo-Kazooie cameo exactly like the one Gavin described in that above post. If they end up being able to do that I will die a happy man.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:21 pm

...How big a cameo?

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:17 am

Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:11 am

"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

BadElf

Postby BadElf » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:04 pm

I think it would be better if there was a Banjo and a Kazooie hidden in the HUB world, for example. Maybe a Banjo hidden under a NPCs bed? Then other items for other characters would be great. Little nods to their other characters would be awesome

dgarcia106

Postby dgarcia106 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:19 am

I believe that if Playtonic tried hard enough, they could obtain the rights to Banjo Kazooie and other Rare properties, seeing as MS is not using them at all (and by at all, I mean making new entries in their series). For example, Conker being in Project Spark is cool and all, but the fans of the series want a solid game for him. What Rare managed to accomplish is basically them saying "You want a game with this character, well here is the character. Now you make the game."

I can appreciate that MS and Rare have not forgotten about these characters, but a true blue entry in those series would be nice, not just a re-polish of the older entries (AKA Banjo Kazooie/Tooie Xbox Arcade and Conker! Live and Reloaded.)

Shawnsim

Postby Shawnsim » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:40 am

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Yes, I would really like to have a Banjo & Kazooie cameo in Project Ukulele, as described by Gavin Price's idea for it.

MFWolfe

Postby MFWolfe » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:26 am

I really hope Price wasn't just shooting the poo-poo when he said that. His idea for a cameo is too good to just not have.

I do hope that he is willing to extend his thinking to Diddy Kong or something on the Wii I version. It would feel a bit unbalanced.

FarronFox

Postby FarronFox » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:21 am

Yeah I think that would be cool to see.

When certain games have gone to various platforms they have featured characters that are exclusive to that platform so if this does reach the Xbox one, I would love seeing banjo and kazooie in it (and perhaps even Mumbo in there somewhere). They've also had an appearance in another game that wasn't their own (sonic & sega all stars racing on Xbox 360).

There was also a previous post made by playtonic that commented on the possibility of that happening in an Xbox one version of the game, so I hope it does happen.

Wii u version could see donkey or Diddy Kong in it, and ps4 could maybe see ratchet (sure playtonic had nothing to do with him previously but just thinking of animal characters on that platform).

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”