The ice world

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Scraps69

The ice world

Postby Scraps69 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:23 pm

The more memorable levels by Rare was DKC's Snow Barrel Blast as DK blasts his way through an increasingly treacherous blizzard and BKs Christmas themed world. I would love to see both these themes combined in the upcoming game for the ice world eh?

Fuzzy

Re: The ice world

Postby Fuzzy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:45 am

Where are the admins?
This board needs a post-like button for lazy people like me.

Now I have to write a reply of, yeah, how great those snow levels were, and BT's hailfire peaks with it's Icy caves was also nice. :D
Winter is a season I can get really comfy with. And wandering through those Icy levels, sitting in my warm room is just great.
I still have vivid memories of DKR's winter tracks and me playing them during christmas time. This was the best thing ever.

John

Postby John » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:57 am

We need an ice world!

Here's why:
Frezeezy Peak (Grant Kirkhope)
Snowflake Mountain (David Wise)
Hailfire Peaks (Grant Kirkhope)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (David Wise)

I love those sleigh bells, triangles, and violins!
Rarewareusedtobegood

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 am

Good suggestion Scraps69, but here's the thread for all world ideas: .

LucarioOfLegends

Postby LucarioOfLegends » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:55 am

I have always thought that ice worlds are really generic, since they are usually just ice world or christmas themed. I have no grudges against them, but with the exception of Banjo Kazooie, they just lack creativity. So I want to share some ideas.

1. Who doesn't like ice cream? I think an ice cream based level would be a really cool idea for it. It could also include some other sweets, like hot fudge to melt a part of the level to get a pagie.

2. A frozen lake would be really cool. Not only could they make it have ice skating and a small log cabin near it, but you could also reverse it to make so the ice melted and showed a tropical resort.

3. I find ice caves really cool as well. They are great for showing the power of the system, and with that bit of playtonic magic, they could transform it into a really cool level, there could be a hiker that was frozen in the cave, a seal that is trying to break the ice (literally), and a hibernating bear that it may or may not be a smart idea to wake him up using some delicious meat. there are just so many possibilities.

Hope you liked them!

Scraps69

Postby Scraps69 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Oh yes ice caves are beautiful too. Slipside Ride was a fantastic ice cave stage.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:13 pm

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”