How would you improve Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts?

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
Spike

How would you improve Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts?

Postby Spike » Mon May 04, 2015 1:20 pm

In your opinion, how would you have made Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts better than what state it released in? Don't say make it like the Banjo-Kazooie platformer. I would have added some more challenges and made the physics slightly less realistic.

TrenteR

Re: How would you improve Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts?

Postby TrenteR » Mon May 04, 2015 1:37 pm

In my opinion? Change the Name and the main cast. Banjo-Kazooie was a platform hero and the teaser for banjo doesn't rely on Nuts&Bolts, Sadly!

If they gave any other character this game it would be memorable, because of Soundtrack and Gameplay.

Okay and change a bit of the World Size, that was overkill!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon May 04, 2015 1:37 pm

I would have not released it until I was happy with it. The vehicle physics and mechanics needed much work still and were released in a broken state that resulted in a lot of frustration and anger. Gruntbots were the most anger inducing things I have ever come across they had no purpose except to ruin the game. I would have replaced these with enemies that can be defeated by running them over or not included enemies at all.

I would have paid people to come up with fun refreshing ways to keep the challenges interesting as they were dull and repetitive. I would have scrapped online play and scrapped online achievements that are now impossible to unlock.

I would have come up with or hired somebody to come up with a GOOD story for the opening and closing cutscenes.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Mon May 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Not have it be on a console that requires a recurring subscription to access its online play. Regardless of whether you think N&B was for those that adored the N64 classics or a new generation of gamers, it was aimed at either a group too young to be paying a regular fee like that or a group accustomed to buying games mainly for their single player benefits. Hiding such a fun multiplayer mode in the game wouldn't have been such a trajedy of there was more incentive to try it out- "you paid for it, why not give it a go at least once or twice?" as opposed to "and if you pay at a bare minimum $15, you'll be able to try out a new mode that has nothing to do with what you bought the game for! No demos, no refunds, and you likely have minimal attachment to this type of thing beforehand".
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

travisschultz95

Postby travisschultz95 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:57 pm

A few things would have made this a decent game (not great, but decent).

-Better level design. Banjoland is great, but the rest (ESPECIALLY Terrarium of Terror) are either small and claustrophobic, or wide open and empty.Plus the variety is week (again, minus Banjoland, which I love). Farm world, Junglenasty world, Colosseum world(?, Xbox world was a cool concept, but poor execution, it's just ugly and difficult to navigate.The hub world is also confusing, everything looks the same so it's also hard to navigate, and there's so many weird features that don't seem to have a purpose. Jinjo Bingo? Random NPCS with nothing to say? Police chases (that mind you, do NOTHING)? It also gets confusing as to what missions you could (or should) be doing.

-Mission variety. Race. Shoot. Carry. All missions basically boil down to this. It get's extremely monotonous, and there's no reason to experiment and play around with the creation when you can just make one or two basic vehicles (fast car, helicopter with a sticky-ball) that can do everything.

-Better writing. It's not funny, and all the new characters are extremely forgettable.The opening scene where they make fun of "collectathons" being bad and mocking the old BK games is like watching a middle school do his "stand up" act at the talent show. It's not writing, but I didn't know where to fit it, but the enemy designs and combat is also horrendous.

-The length. My god is this game long. I've logged almost 20 hours into it and I'm only 75% done (I reuse to continue that wretched terrarium level). It's so repetitive and un-engaging (as far as I've played there's only been one cutscene. With only 5 worlds there's no reason why it should be this long.

Honestly, the graphics, music, and sound effects are amazing. The game concept of a whole isn't half bad either, but these things ruin it. Someone just make a demo where you can walk around Banjoland and see the sights and listen to the AMAZING music renditions of classic themes.

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Mon May 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Nut and bolts was also touted as a platformer/vehicle building hybrid. The game might have been more successful if there were bits that were still platformer focuced. I understand the main point of the game was building, but if you're going to give banjo the ability to traverse the world on foot then i think worlds could be more platformer friendly. They mentioned that it www as 80% vehicles 20% platformer when it should have been more like 60/40.
The challenges need more variety, and the physics need some tweeking.

Banjokazooieboi

Postby Banjokazooieboi » Mon May 04, 2015 9:32 pm

bearbuddy22

Postby bearbuddy22 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:27 pm

They could have improved it by taking the Banjo kazooie name out of it and replacing them with xbox avatars.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Mon May 04, 2015 10:39 pm

travisschultz95

Postby travisschultz95 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:53 pm

The 80/20 thing is just a lie. Maybe MAYBE 5% of the total time playing is platforming for mumbo crates in the hub world and that is a very generous maybe.[/quote]

He's right, there's absolutely no reason to get out of your car instead of just to put something in it, which takes like 3 seconds.

wwwarea

Postby wwwarea » Tue May 05, 2015 12:02 am

I was thinking platformer, but I noticed that should be off of here in the thread. xD

Well as a spin-off, not counting as a real Banjo game, perhaps they could of added more areas, have the areas more alive and less empty, have a more natural design in some levels, more exploration elements (<Is this breaking the rule?), not insult the 3D genre in the new game, and clearly say that this is not Banjo Threeie.

Oh and for the DLC, they should of actually added a brand new room rather than reusing an existing one.

I guess that's my thoughts, I was kinda rushing through them though since I wasn't thinking about it this way I think...

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 05, 2015 12:42 am

wwwarea

Postby wwwarea » Tue May 05, 2015 2:54 am

Dracul JOSHI

Postby Dracul JOSHI » Tue May 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Replace the simulation physics engine with a rigid physics engine.

There, fixed.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue May 05, 2015 4:11 pm

i actually like Nuts & Bolts a lot but if they do,do a sequel there are some things they will NEED to address!

but 1st off i think another nuts & bolt would do well especially with the minecraft/lego craze (my brother who loves both minecraft & lego is severely into banjo-kazooie nuts & bolts calling it super fun & although he thinks B-K was boring he also thinks B-T is like mario BUT WAY MORE FUN) so if they can marrie the nuts & bolts game play with the original B-K gameplay.

plus to anyone who says banjo's not about cars is plain wrong to because he has been in more vehicle based games then non-vehicle based games

diddy kong racing-a vehicle based racing game
banjo-kazooie-platformer
banjo-tooie-platformer (he did transform into a car tho....& had FPS segments :P)
(banjo-treeie-never happend T.T a soul crushing lie to promise a child!)
banjo-kazooie grungys revenge-platformer
banjo pilot-a plain racing game
banjo-kazooie nuts & bolts-a build a vehicle platform hybrid
sonic & sega all star rac

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue May 05, 2015 4:13 pm

sonic & sega all star racing with banjo kazooie-guest stard in a racing game
(>:/ should of been in racing transformed too! >:/ )

a list of ideas in a probabley unorganized manner.

OK on to the gameplay they need to make big HUGE worlds but with stuff to do! both on & off the vehicle!

banjo kazooie must retain all there moves & maybe even transformations from passed games for when he is off vehicle as well as mumbo being playable for mumbo missions.

2player co-op should be a thing wether it be one person banjo or kazooie or mumbo OR one person banjo&kazooie & the other the robot banjo from the multiplayer mode in nuts & bolts or a combination of the 2.

xbox avatars should be playable! cant do what banjo dose off vehicle but can drive around for fun! i can see it now JOLLY RODGER:oh hi there darling looking good wana change your outfit? ok comeback anytime sweety♥ he can own a clothing shop to allow quick easy access to change you avatars outfit. & with the different outfits they have you can tec

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue May 05, 2015 4:14 pm

♥ he can own a clothing shop to allow quick easy access to change you avatars outfit. & with the different outfits they have you can technically be different characters in the game.

the vehicle storage needs to be completely customisable to the players FULL control because a long list of 300+ vehicles is just not guna cut it! (especially when trying to pick a vehicle for nuts & bolts online was a nightmare! >:/ ) like being able to make are own categorys & subcategorys on the list.

the vehicle missions need more! example like in BK-N&B we had the log challenge with a prebuild vehicle & a custom vehicle challenge. but most of the time people easily just built things that could just fly & do the challenge in no time! so i suggest along with the log & custom challenge we get a restricted challenges! lets us build & use are own vehicles BUT they restrict some vehicle parts from being used to give us a different kind of challenge to do & overcome.

when we beat or break a record challenge the vehicle that did

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue May 05, 2015 4:15 pm

when we beat or break a record challenge the vehicle that did so will be saved to that challenge so we can easily just pick it again if we want to use it to beat are score.

better more organized online multiplayer! & more levels to show off are vehicle in! better match making & structured vehicle challenges & NOT COMPLETELY PAINTING MY VEHICLE ONE COLOR! >:(

online for other minigames too like in banjo-tooie!
like i know most people may hate this because of todays modern to many FPS modes but i would love a online version of B-T FPS multiplayer mode with more levels & eggs characters & more of course taking from any knew elements they add to the main game as it wont all be about vehicles

i feel if they find a perfect blend of platforming,puzzle solving,vehicle bulding/driving & even some FPS section like in B-T & even DK64 & other elements from passed banjo games it would be a fun adventure platforming game with so much veriety that it would be a game like no other if done right!

OH! & NO CUPCAKE MICROTRA

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 pm

OH! & NO CUPCAKE MICROTRANSACTIONS!!! A FULL FINNISHED GAME EXPERIENCES! if they wana have banjo take on mario in a sense of being a mascot that stuff will only get in the way of the games image we want banjo to be & stay iconic! not a joke!

if they DO, do DLC it sould be like stop N swap say like if you buy the new halo game it will unlock a bunch of halo vehicle in the stop N swap section of your vehicle list & so on for other games to kinda cross premote & reward players.

could even combined the banjo tooie FPS multiplayer mode with driving your vehicle on huge team death match like gamemodes?

or have a bunch of players on a huge map having to do classic banjo platforming & collect the most music notes within the time frame or something? there's just SOOO much they could do!

ether way they need to make the multiplayer bult off the experience of the single player mode like tooie did & also have offline 4player multiplayer as well because too many games nowadays don't do that!

as for the platforming seg

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 pm

as for the platforming segments they can stay pretty much unchanged just make it so vehicle can't go everwhere & if they break make it harder to fix or having to go back to the get them from the guradge or somthing to balance out there use

it could work if done right & would be an amazing game everybody could play! :D

sorry for my mess of thoughts kinda just went wild! & lots most of my ideas as well will post latter if i remember them :P (not very good at putting my thoughts into wrighting but i try my best :D )

Return to “Past Glories”