Banjo Kazooie & Nintendo

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
Epic Elliot

Banjo Kazooie & Nintendo

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:48 pm

honestly IDK what microsoft is doing with banjo kazooie they only made 1 game & it was a good game with banjo littoraly just slaped on it (kind off like spiro was for skylanders) it was a good game but a bad banjo game & honestly missed the creative craze that was minecraft by a few years probably would of sold better if released a little later on :P

but one strong fact remains,that banjo kazooie are talked daily on miiverse & other nintendo sites its regarded as a classic & even a masterpiece but is still seen as a nintendo franchise rather then a microsoft IP & rightfully so. so with all the consumer interests on a competitive platform well why don't they just remake the 1st two banjo games on the N3DS? i mean it would sell, microsoft dosnt have a portable handheld platform & let rare develop for the GBA before & there even letting minecraft on PS3/PS4 so why not just simply remake the for the bigest selling portable handheld with a huge consumer interest? they make money & keep the IP alive & in the eye or modern gamers young & old for when they release a new banjo game that will most likely suck anyway :/ IDK just makes sense to me at least :P i can dream cant i? i can dream T.T

Lupo

Re: Banjo Kazooie & Nintendo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:54 pm

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:57 pm

I can't say much but... let's just say someone may have suggested that this year will be a good one for Rare. And Banjo. Just wait and see. Shh...

Also Rare demoed a Banjo kinect thing yesterday. Google it if you haven't heard about that already.
Last edited by Taylor on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taylonic Ltd.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

NaughtyOttsel22

Postby NaughtyOttsel22 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Couldn't care less, MS destroyed Banjo and Rare at this point.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:09 pm

well with BKN&B they tryed somthing too new on a franchise that was basicly dormant for 8years! if they where smart they would of just rereleased the 2 original on XBLA as well as banjo treeie then try nuts & bolts & i think they would of had a better time, i mean you have to bring the franchise fans back to your IP before you try something so drastically new with basicly boarderline insulting jokes to the platform/collectathon genre fans

& thats why a 3D remake would actually work because its just a remake of what works! on a platform where the most interest is especially since basicly everyone ZERO confidence in M$ at this point i mean tooie was in like 2000! & it 2015! with NO platforming banjo game! especially with tooies ending theres no excuse for this, there sitting on a strong IP & are littoral & constantly kicking its dead body over & over again!

as for the old IP its probably battle toads seeing how they have mentioned it before & there appearing in shovel knight who mind had the actual option to put banjo in it instead! they even said this! 0_0

what even more shocking is how xbox is known for rated M & shootum ups & they have not done a new conker game! 0_0 he's perfect for there platform! heck they should be a better fit for conker then nintendo! yet they do nothing! i could easly see conker turnd into a platforming GTA/SAINTS ROW black comedy satire hybrid BUT NOOOO! lol conker should of been a perfect fit for them IMO :/

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:13 pm

OH GOOD LORD! that demo made me grab my banjo plushy & cry & then i wanted to hang myself! if there so hell bent on not making a platformer the why not banjo party/kart/golf/tennis? if mario could do it so could banjo but anything other then that would be a bust (maybe an RPG) clearly M$ doesn't know how to build an establish a mascot *facepalm* T.T

NiloStudo

Postby NiloStudo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:35 pm

i just hope for the love of lord jiggywiggy that they change there design! there so ugly & very unpleasant to look at (i always thought the new banjo looked like a phycopath) if they do make him look like more like an updated design of there N64 selfs much like how duck hunt dog now looks like he fits into the mario universe now. i mean banjo was in with diddy kong maybe take some art cues from that? i mean even wreck it ralph look like he'd fit into a mario game! IDK there just a sertin design that just clicks when you see those characters that says family friendly & looks official! but banjos current design is ANYTHING but T.T

Rare

Postby Rare » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:55 pm

I really wish Nintendo had the rights to Banjo-Kazooie. If only for them to be in Smash Bros.

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Evidence is pointing more towards a Battletoads game than a BK game.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:42 pm

i know T.T i really REALLY want them in smash bros! maybe if people make his want known nintendo may try to put him in the next one as a guest character? after all he is a part of nintendo history & still has had more games on nintendo systems at this point the on xbox! could be good M$ let him be in smash. #buybackbanjo #banjoforsmash T.T maybe one day project M will add him :/

Krockhead

Postby Krockhead » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:42 pm

Legally speaking, there's nothing stopping Rare from releasing a Banjo game on the 3DS. But all that means is that it's technically not impossible; it's still highly improbable.

For starters, Rare used to have a team dedicated to handheld development. That team eventually shifted their focus to XBLA development. This team no longer exists. Rare merged all their teams during the development for Kinect Sports. It's possible that they have since broken up into teams again, but it's unlikely that they would've broken up into as many teams as they once were in. I'd say two teams, tops. They obviously wouldn't bother reviving the handheld team, who, with the exception of the DKC/DKR ports, haven't made a very successful game. Not in the MS era, at least. Without the handheld team no one else could make it.

Assume that handheld team does come back from the dead. Like their GBA/DS games, Rare would have to find an outside company to publish their game, as Microsoft wouldn't. Sabre Wulf, Grunty's Revenge, Banjo-Pilot, It's Mr. Pants, and Pocket Paradise were all published by THQ(I'm using "publish" quite liberally; THQ did fuck-all to advertise the games). THQ no longer exists, as most of you know. Without them to publish it, who will? To be fair, there's nothing stopping any third party from publishing it, but with the sales of the non-DK handheld games, would Microsoft even greenlight another handheld game?

I want a Banjo-ThreeDeeie as much as the next guy, but we have to be realistic.

TheJHam88

Postby TheJHam88 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:11 am

Jim Bexley Speed

Postby Jim Bexley Speed » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:20 pm

It's quite possible that Microsoft will see the excitement surrounding Playtonic's game (should it become the success I'm certain it will) and consider putting Rare to work on more Banjo/Conker games, but given that most of the talent which helped make those games has left Rare it seems rather unlikely they would be any good.

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:22 pm

A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:09 pm

It's possibly the biggest tragedy of Rare's downfall.

Banjo should have been to Rare what Kirby is to HAL Laboratory - a likeable mascot which also exists because of the company's collaboration with Nintendo.
Now he and his series are synonymous with wasted potential - the horrid redesign only makes things worse.

TrenteR

Postby TrenteR » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:52 pm

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:03 am

TrenteR: That source of yours is from a satirical website. Look closely.

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:56 am

A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

Return to “Past Glories”