Conker’s Big Reunion coming to Project Spark April 23rd

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
GrayMagicΓ

Re: Conker’s Big Reunion coming to Project Spark April 23rd

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:32 pm

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Sorry to say it, but I honestly can't bring myself to care about this.
Project Spark doesn't excite me in the slightest, while Conker looks LESS fluid and likeable than he did on the N64.

Krockhead

Postby Krockhead » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:47 pm

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:02 pm

oh i just used his line from his reaction to him in project spark then i walked away came back & completely forgot what i was originaly talking about XD (i like nuts & bolts, i like star fox adventures & M$ remake of conker was amazing! well except the multiplayer i like the N64 WAY BETTER! that with online would have been sooo much more fun & i like jontron & don't agree with everything he says :P ever see his livestreem of BK? he made it to grunty's furnace fun & didn't remember JACK about a game he LOVED SOOO MUCH & gave up & played battlefiled XD lol )

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:48 am

Conker just isn't very detailed and that trademark furry look is gone! The Xbox made him look a lot better! Team Dakota really dropped the ball on his look! Wait, it's not even being made by Rare so first Killer Instinct and now this! Nuts and Bokts was definitely the best 360 title Rare made and it was actually really good and VERY UNDERRATED!!!

ashthedragon

Postby ashthedragon » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:03 am

I just can't be happy with this. all this time waiting for a Conker secuel, just to have it as a device to sell a lame game making engine like Project Spark... And that's not the wrost. Conker himself looks horrible, like if it were made of crappily painted wood, and the already revealed plot makes me really wary...a rehabilited Conker? I don't like how it is looking...
....But Ill probably get it anyways...

Krockhead

Postby Krockhead » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:41 am

The thing is, it's Conker in Project Spark or no Conker at all. If they were really using him just to sell their (free) game, then they could've chosen any character in Microsoft's repertoire, which admititaly isn't that vast, but under that school of thought, they still would've gotten more exposure with, say, Master Chief. But they didn't choose Master Chief, they wanted Conker? Why? Because they're fans of Conker.

Outside of the occasional Minecraft skin, Conker was as dead as you could get. A new Conker game was obviously not on Rare's radar, and it obviously wasn't on the broader Microsoft radar. But out of no where, Team Dakota wants to pay respects to Conker. Even with that very generous choice of theirs, they easily could have just thrown Conker assets in and called it a day. But no. Team Dakota decided to practically make a full Conker game when no one else desired to do so and no one at MS was asking for it. I don't know about you, but I think that's incredibly cool.

Tl;dr: Be grateful.

Alph

Postby Alph » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:22 am

Yeah it's not "a device to sell Project Spark". If anything something like Halo, Fable, or Banjo-Kazooie would be more suited to that task. The reason Team Dakota chose Conker is because they are fans of the franchise and they knew that no one else is gonna bother doing anything with him. If it wasn't for them, we'd be getting squat.

lavamario

Postby lavamario » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:35 am

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:56 pm

A bit of gameplay has been released: https://vine.co/v/OYMT7YFUtUK. *Must resist urge to buy a Xbox One for a Conker-related game that isn't Conker's Other Bad Day*

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:05 am

i honestly don't know why they don't make a new conker game? i mean xbox is know for its more mature titles & shooters & conker would definitely fit in perfectly as a mature satire game!

the way i see it, it can be open world platformer similar to GTA for single player mode with context sensitive situation changing gameplay to the different things he's doing to do stealth,FPS,3PS & many other sections of the game all as they parody movies,TV,pop culture,other games & things that just make no sense.

multiplayer can be like GTA as well on a huge map with many things to do! like expanding on all the N64/XBOX multiplayer mode add in a kart racing, golf, tennis basket ball (hopefully on par or around with mario golf & tennis & so on in the fun factor) if they make a conker game like this & market it right IT WILL SELL WELL because conker could be taken in SOOOOO many directions they just need to go for it!

Waverunner

Postby Waverunner » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:38 pm

I view this thing Microsoft testing out the Conker IP in today's market, and seeing if there is enough interest in the series to warrant an official Conker sequel. Like Crockhead said, they could have used Master Chief and garnered much more attention. Don't get mad at Microsoft for not making a sequel for a game that in all honesty would have failed back then. If you want Conker to come back, you need to support this game to show you care about Conker. They aren't going to come on here, see these posts and have a change of heart overnight, it's going to take some effort.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:25 pm

I should have an XboxOne tomorrow and i will be checking this out when Conker arrives.

nicholas362

Postby nicholas362 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Relelvant

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Quite enjoying learning how to do stuff and started making my own 3D collectathon adventure. Seems very fun with endless potential. I wont be buying any of the additional content yet but will definitely buy the conker stuff.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Its looking pretty good guys https://youtu.be/rgHrM7SPC1A

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 pm

karashata

Postby karashata » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:47 am

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:49 am

polomi

Postby polomi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:27 am

Oh boy, I realized this comes out only two days after Killing Floor 2. Well, I won't get Conker then. I was on the fence, but now there's almost no chance. I'll still check your opinions here, if it turns out to be stellar, then of course I'll play it! :D

Return to “Past Glories”