Rare Replay Discussion

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
lankykong422

Rare Replay Discussion

Postby lankykong422 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Hey everyone! Noticed there is not a lot of discussion on Rare Replay around the web and thought I'd try to change that (on this site at least). Discuss what games you're currently playing on it and if there are any games that have surprised you.

I just finished playing Kameo for the first time and found it extremely fun. It had the charm from N64 Rare games along with amazing graphics and really interesting puzzles/combat.

I've also had a lot of fun with the snapshots. I had trouble getting into some of the oldest games at first but the snapshots are really good bite-sized pieces of gameplay and some are really challenging.

So for those of you still playing the game a month later--what are you currently playing/enjoying about the collection?

Scrubber

Re: Rare Replay Discussion

Postby Scrubber » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Ive been making my way through the games in chronological order. Currently playing kameo and really enjoying it. Fantastic game.

Didn't like the spectrum era games at all. Quite enjoyed battletoads arcade.
The difficulty on killer instinct makes it impossible to enjoy.
Really enjoyed completing blast corps.
Wasn't the biggest fan of Jet Force Gemini but did fully complete it.
I skipped Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie because I've played them that many times on xbla.
Conkers Bad Fur Day was a right laugh. Gameplay isn't the best but the dialogue is hilarious.
Grabbed by the Ghoulies was fun. Not a bad game.

Looking forward to trying nuts and bolts out again if im honest to see if my opinion has changed over the years but thats the very last game in the collection.

Almost forgot the bonus content. The unlockable content is so good. Best £20 I've ever spent.

lankykong422

Postby lankykong422 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:06 pm

Blast Corps was a lot of fun from the little I've played of it. I've actually never played the XBLA versions of the Banjo games (only N64)--so I'm curious to see how they compare to the originals.

I actually really liked Nuts and Bolts once I got past how different it was to past Banjo titles.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:32 am

Return to “Past Glories”