Not quite Playtonic, but Banjo N&B anyone?

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
AccelDSX

Not quite Playtonic, but Banjo N&B anyone?

Postby AccelDSX » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:51 am

I know the reason alot of people love playtonic making a new game is because BK N&B was not what they were expecting from Rare...
BUT I believe it was still a decent game and I spent many hours with it, was I alone or is there anyone else here from the banjo kazooie forums from around 2007 - 2011?

PS: this thread is just general discussion of both the game as it is now on Xbox one and as it was back on the 360.

NPChilla

Re: Not quite Playtonic, but Banjo N&B anyone?

Postby NPChilla » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:25 pm

To be honest, I didn't care for this game much at all. It didn't engage me and I found it rather dreary.

But I understand that others liked it - if it had been an entirely different IP and nothing to do with Banjo, it might have been judged less harshly.
But I don't think I would have enjoyed it any more.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:32 pm

It wasn't perfect or as good as the N64 originals, but I still loved it. Nothing quite like flipping over a tank Grunty's controlling with a forklift or winning a race as a flying banana.
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:43 pm

I've got one more achievement on Viva Pinata then I'm going make a start on nuts and bolts tomorrow. I haven't played it since 2008ish and i hated it back then i think i will appreciate it a lot more this time round.

RareAware

Postby RareAware » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:24 am

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:19 am

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:38 pm

BTW: Did they fix the performance issues in Rare Replay by now?

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:42 pm

travisschultz95

Postby travisschultz95 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:51 pm

The frame rate issues were horrendous but somewhere between now and release it seems they fixed it.

Going in on my Third try at beating this beast... I always fizzle out at the Terrarium...

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:18 pm

Ive just finished up on all the worlds (apart from spiral mt) got all tt trophys which i remember i couldn't do in 2008 so I'm happy with that. I take back everything i said in the past about this game it's wonderful.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:33 pm

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:25 am

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:29 am

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Just beat nuts and bolts 100% all notes jiggies and tt's. Wasn't even that hard not sure why i couldn't do it back in 2008. Must have had a lot less patience back then.

For 7 years i have had the exact same opinion as Jontron about N&B but i can now say that has categorically changed. An easy way of knowing if your enjoying a game is asking yourself are you excited to finish work so you can go home and play it. This gane definitely gave me this feeling.

I still have a few negatives,a) the secondary characters (bottles/boggy/klungo/mr fit etc) were very poorly utilized and pretty much ALL had the same bland personality. Their new voice effects can hardly be told apart either.
b) Gruntbots. Hate these poo-poo bags.
c) The challenges were too boring and repetitive.

The rest i loved. I have become fond of the nextgen Banjo and Kazooie models. The musics great as always. LOVE showdown town its a great place. I like the level design in each level (though i wish they weren't all made so artificial) I LOVE the way Banjo controls on the ground without vehicles it's very satisfying and gives me confidence in them to NAIL a Banjo platformer if they decide to do it.
Lastly ill come to HD Spiral Mountain. What a beauty. What a stunning place. Really wish i could go inside Gruntys mouth to see what HD Lair would look like.

This ends my "Trying all the Microsoft games" stint and i gotta say they haven't made one bad game under microsoft. They have been given so much unnecessary grief for the move to ms and i can't understand why. They still got what it takes to bJust beat nuts and bolts 100% all notes jiggies and tt's. Wasn't even that hard not sue why i couldn't do it back in 2008. Must have had a lot less patience back then.

For 7 years i have had the exact same opinion as Jontron about N&B but i can now say that has categorically changed. An easy way of knowing if your enjoying a game is asking yourself are you excited to finish work so you can go home and play it. This gane definitely gave me this feeling.

I still have a few negatives,a) the secondary characters (bottles/boggy/klungo/mr fit etc) were very poorly utilized and pretty much ALL had the same bland personality. Their new voice effects can hardly be told apart either.
b) Gruntbots. Hate these poo-poo bags.
c) The challenges were too boring and repetitive.

The rest i loved. I have become fond of the nextgen Banjo and Kazooie models. The musics great as always. LOVE showdown town its a great place. I like the level design in each level (though i wish they weren't all made so artificial) I LOVE the way Banjo controls on the ground without vehicles it's very satisfying and gives me confidence in them to NAIL a Banjo platformer if they decide to do it.
Lastly ill come to HD Spiral Mountain. What a beauty. What a stunning place. Really wish i could inside Gruntys mouth to see what HD Lair would look like.

This ends my "Trying all the Microsoft games" stint and i gotta say they haven't made one bad game under microsoft. They have been given so much unnecessary grief for the move to ms and i can't understand why. They still got what it takes to he the best.

Now onto those tricky DLC challenges.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:07 pm

Glad you liked it! When you say you tried all the games they made under MS, you include PDZ, right?

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:06 pm

AccelDSX

Postby AccelDSX » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Well, I left this for a couple of weeks and What a response I got from two users, glad Scrubber enjoyed it, I spent so much time on it, I'm glad that I am not the only the one who enjoyed it here.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:40 am

AccelDSX

Postby AccelDSX » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:13 am

Return to “Past Glories”