Phil Spencer says he has no problem with Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Bros as DLC

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
GrayMagicΓ

Re: Phil Spencer says he has no problem with Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Bros as DLC

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:46 pm

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

rocho

Re: Phil Spencer says he has no problem with Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Bros as DLC

Postby rocho » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Rawk

Postby Rawk » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Time for Phil to work his magic.

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:57 am

So...

What are the official results of the Smash Ballot?
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Aidan25

Postby Aidan25 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:40 pm

October 2016.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:22 pm

*folds hands to pray* Whoever wins, please don't let it be an anime* character.

*Everything from Fire Emblem to Xenoblade or even, dare I say, Golden Sun!

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Well, with Cloud in Smash, we've got a character that (apparently with the exception of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on GBA) didn't really appear on a Nintendo system and is most likely recognized as a Sony character. How did that even happen? Of course, there's speculation about Final Fantasy VII on Nintendo's NX, which might even it out. Considering the GBA game, we even got Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge on the same system after Rare's buyout. All in all, having Cloud basically widens the pool of possible characters, including Banjo with his obvious Nintendo legacy.

Both RogersBase and Derrick/Ash from GameXplain think that Banjo would be the most shocking and exciting surprise for the last Smash Direct, which is happening this Tuesday:

What do you guys think? I don't want to be disappointed too hard, so I don't really expect it to happen... but since Cloud, we know that anything can happen.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:13 pm

I really wouldn't hold my breath - not least since Cloud is owned by a third-party (Square Enix), while Banjo is a first-party IP for Microsoft.

rocho

Postby rocho » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:07 pm

I wish Banjo-Kazooie were included!

But I think Cloud just ruined any chance we had! I don't really think Nintendo would like to have 2 characters that promote games on the competition...

I really hope I'm wrong... if they do include Banjo I might cry... that could be an awesome surprise!

Let's just go with low expectations for the final presentation!

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:20 pm

It just appears to me that Smash grew up to become a universal celebration of gaming in general. And therefore, it's able to overcome supposed boundaries to include as many iconic characters as possible. I mean, that's what they were clearly trying to do: Make people lose there minds with announcements that come right out of nowhere. And of all of the represented companies that have a special spot in gaming history (like SEGA and Capcom), Rare is one of them. Especially to Nintendo. I won't talk again about how well Banjo fits among all the Smash characters (im both design and moves), but he's certainly the Rareware character. It makes perfect sense to add him to the game.

To be fair, putting Banjo in Smash would be the highest boundary that would've been overcome so far, but this is at the same time exactly the level of insanity that they're shooting for.

But as you said, rocho, we shouldn't expect anything not be disappointed. Some of the reasons against it might've tipped the scales, so there's no telling at all. I'd be happy for almost every new character and Banjo would've just be the totally oversized, sparkling and eventually exploding cherry on top :)

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:41 pm

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:47 pm

The remaining DLC characters are Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates, Cloud and Bayonetta.

There we have it.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:09 am

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:51 pm

He begged for it?!

Also, I wonder how far BK made it.

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:03 am

Oh well. So much for Banjo and Kazooie in Sm4sh. It was a pipe dream to begin with.

Oh well. There's always Smash 5. (If it'll ever happen. :cry: )
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

rocho

Postby rocho » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:00 am

Even with low expectations I got very disappointed for not having at least K.Rool on smash! But after I left that disappointed sink I realized how unique the DLC characters are even Corrin being another FE character he is different to any other character included in the game!

I might say Bayonetta was unexpected and kind Of cool but I just wish she wasn't the Ballot winner... I can bet Banjo-Kazooie and K.Rool were on the top 5 in America above Bayonetta for sure!

But yeah maybe Nintendo will finally pick up K.Rool for the next Donkey Kong games!

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:35 pm

Return to “Past Glories”