Phil Spencer says he has no problem with Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Bros as DLC

Reminisce over some of the past wares you remember fondly.
Enrel

Re: Phil Spencer says he has no problem with Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Bros as DLC

Postby Enrel » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:55 pm

DarkTone

Re: Phil Spencer says he has no problem with Banjo & Kazooie in Smash Bros as DLC

Postby DarkTone » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Voted! 8-)
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:33 pm

I remember trying to shoot all the credits at the end of Melee because I thought it'd unlock Toad. It was a hoax, of course, but I really wanted him. If I hadn't have voted for Banjo-Kazooie, I'd probably pick Toad just because of nostalgia.

I know I sort of went off topic, but I just remembered Toad! Poor Toad...
Taylonic Ltd.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:48 pm

I wouldn't count my chickens just yet, nothing is guaranteed:

http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bro ... haracters/

Enrel

Postby Enrel » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:00 pm

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:18 pm

Agreed. Hopefully it's not messed up DLC.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:54 pm

DudeSean

Postby DudeSean » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:08 am

Of course Phil Spencer doesn't have a problem with it. Xbox would just make money off of a Nintendo game.

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:50 am

I still doubt it'll ever happen, but I want to believe it will so much ;w; It'll be surprising if Banjo does get on the top 10 requested characters in the ballot or something. Well, if he ever does show up in Smash Bros, he'd be even more unexpected than Snake in Brawl! That'd be so glorious in so many levels.

EDIT: I've just remembered something: Conker and Banjo were missing in the DS version of Diddy Kong Racing. If Microsoft really didn't care about Banjo and Conker showing up in a game on a Nintendo platform, then... Well...

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Things change over time. Diddy Kong came to the DS in 2007, Phil Spencer is head of Xbox as of 2014.
Make the forum great again.

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:36 pm

That's a fair point. It's been a very long time, after all! But I think it's still a rather bad sign for Banjo. Now that I think about it, Banjo has appeared on a Nintendo platform after the Microsoft acquisition: in Grunty's Revenge, for the GBA. So, I guess we can... expect anything, after all, really xD

CrazyChaos

Postby CrazyChaos » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:41 pm

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:53 pm

well acording to a few fan polls to get a ruff estimate of how popular & who people will vote for banjo was around #14! i believe & that was before phil spencers tweet! where people had no hope & a lot felt like it would be a waste of time voting for him BUT NOW! thats all changed & there is a glimmer of hope & more people willing to vote! if banjo could make #14! with no hope! where could he end up with hope?

PS: off topic but anyone else feel like ralph from wreck it ralph would of fit well in the smash games? like, i feel like bowser,sonic & packman would of invited him? lol :P

Enrel

Postby Enrel » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:57 pm

I wouldn't really trust fan polls that much. I like a lot of people are saying King K is top and I HIGHLY doubt that. Of all the Nintendo characters he seems like quite the underwhelming choice and I don't think most people care about him.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:51 am

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:07 am

actually king k. rool has been a highly requested character since brawl maybe even melee always around the to 10! & with nintendo pretty much abandoning him as the major villain in both DKCR & DKTF i can see how his fans have band together for heck i have always wanted him! think about it after 5 total smash games DK has only had 2 representatives! yet kid icarus has 3! ¬¸¬ but i will say im surprised K. rool is beating out dixie kong! 0_0 i thought she would be way more popular?

well anyway fan polls do tell a lot after all over the years fan poles for smash have always had the same characters at the top 20ish so there has to be some truth to it & currently reddits poll (combined & working with other polls to get a good idea what people are voting for) top contending characters are as follows

1:king k. rool
2:Shovel Knight
3:BANJO-KAZOOIE! (rose up from 14th since phil spencer's tweet! thats a huge jump! 0_0)
4:Snake
5:Isaac
6:wolf(starfoxU hype!)
7:Inkling(splatoon hype!)
8:Roy, our Boy!(guess the'll chang roys name to roy koopa & his to prince roy maybe?)
9:Shantae
10:paper mario(yeah more marios! lol hope he utilizes his partners from PM & PMTTYD)

& thats the current top ten according to reddit so far

hear is the close behind runner ups
11:Ice Climbers(or nana & popo as separate clone characters of each other or sopo with nana alt)
12:Ridley
13:Bayonetta
14:Waluigi (WAH!)
15:Rayman (darn you artsy omni fake leak! but it was so good im not even mad)
16:Bandana Waddlede
17:Geno
18:Wonder Red
19:Phoenix Wright (objection!)
20:Krystal

so yeah i say it pretty accurate because a lot of those characters have been showing up on multiple polls over the years so i think it safe to say this is a good estimate at best :D

rocho

Postby rocho » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:07 am

Last edited by rocho on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

RareAware

Postby RareAware » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:58 am

Return to “Past Glories”