What next game would you want ?

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?

What next game would you want to play ?

Collect-a-thon game (Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo- Tooie/Donkey Kong 64/Yooka-Laylee)
17%
Racing video-game (Diddy Kong Racing)
27%
FPS game (Goldeneye/Perfect Dark)
12%
Adventure game (Conker Bad Fur Day
25%
2D platform game (Donkey Kong Country)
13%
Other (Precise)
6%

Total votes: 52

GrayMagicΓ

Re: What next game would you want ?

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Mon May 04, 2015 10:36 am

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Mon May 04, 2015 11:27 pm

I voted for a 2D platformer in the same vein as DKC.

However, i have a somewhat controversial idea. I purpose retrying the nuts&bolts concept with some key differences:

-Brand new character that can be better suited to this kind of game,it should not use main characters from established franchises (unless as npcs)
- I like the idea of it being a plaforming vehicle building hybrid but allow more emphasis on platforming.
- Tweak the physics so vehicles dont lose control so easily. Most enemy's should pose a challenge but not an unfair nuisance.
-offer a large variety of challenges and make them feel rewarding. You should look forward to the next challenge not feel like you're going through the motions.

An idea i had was a game starring a robot character that's good at building things. The bad guy could br an alien industralist trying to drain the planet's resources. So the robot has to combat other machines and hrnchmen to keep the planet safe. You could build and cuscustomize various vehicles OR rebuild snd customize your own body and makr the fight more personal >:)

A lot of people I've talked to on this forum seem to agree that the concept behind nuts & bolts was interesting but the execution (using banjo-kazooie, and certain gameplay elements) essentially killed it. The guys at playtonic look back on the project with fondness, snd i remembered some of yhem said that they had ideas on expanding the concept back when they worked at rare.

Anyway that's my two cents :P
Last edited by Pgcrooner on Tue May 05, 2015 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

DudeSean

Postby DudeSean » Tue May 05, 2015 3:58 am

I voted FPS. I know this isn't the GoldenEye and Perfect Dark crew at Playtonic (are there?), but I really like those games and part of the reason is how they played. Each stage played out kind of like Super Mario 64, where it's kind of like an adventure game, instead of like all the generic FPS today. And they should just make it for the Wii U, since that is the only major console that isn't drowning in first person shooters so it will actually be able to shine.

But that's just me.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 05, 2015 4:14 am

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Captain_Glen

Postby Captain_Glen » Tue May 05, 2015 4:32 am

#1 Cart Racer like Diddy Kong Racing with a full story adventure mode and boss races
#2 Super Smash Bros. clone with Playtronic characters
#3 Quest based Platformer / RPG with more of a focus on RPG elements. Basically Zelda gameplay with a new Hero
#4 Regular platformer like Mario 64 not a duo like Banjo Kazooie
#5 FPS with Vehicles, which is good enough quality to give Halo a run for it's money

DudeSean

Postby DudeSean » Tue May 05, 2015 5:28 am

BanjosBack

Postby BanjosBack » Fri May 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Diddy Kong Racing has me foaming at the mouth..I remember getting a VHS tape in the mail about it. I hated HATED racing games and would have never bought it until I watched that.

It was Banjo and Kazooies first game too. :)

I want another please!

BanjosBack

Postby BanjosBack » Fri May 29, 2015 9:00 pm

reversalmushroom

Postby reversalmushroom » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Aren't the platformers and the adventure games the same thing? All their platformers always had stories, characters, good vs evil, and journeys through different worlds. I'd rather the next game not be this because after Yooka-Laylee, that means they'll have just already done one, and I'd rather they make something different each time.

Anyway, I cast my vote for first person shooter. I'd say the genre is long overdue for another GoldenEye. People voting for this need to keep in mind that none of the Playtonic people had anything to do with GoldenEye or Perfect Dark, and that those people went and formed Crytek UK. I tend not to like FPSs anymore because they're all bland and there's way too many of them and they don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon, but GoldenEye and Perfect Dark are FPSs done right.

A racing game is a close 2nd, considering how great, unique, and revolutionary Diddy Kong Racing was. I heard that Nintendo wants to make a Diddy Kong Racing 2. Maybe they could hire Playtonic to make it.

You know what genres I'd love to see Playtonic tackle? Horror and RPG. Those are the 2 Rare never did.

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:46 am

I would really love to see:
- something like DKC a 2D platformer
- an adventure fun racer like Diddy Kong Racing
- something like Conker's Bad Fur Day, a mature adventure platformer but with a cute and fury main hero probably a skunk
- maybe something like smash bros. but im not sure
- Ohh and an adventure game like Zelda ocarina of time/majora's mask, with a coop mode so you can play through the whole game with a friend and also with a dungeon rush mode in coop and vs ... should be like a race In which the players must race through a dungeon like in Zelda an clear all puzzles and riddles, clear all rooms and the players will be rewarded with points for being the first who have finished the dungeon, have the most treasure or have the most kills (enemys and players) ... and the coop variant would be 2 vs 2 teams, the dungeons should be more with puzzles where you must work as a team to get further and at the end there will be the winner team with the most points. I really loved Kameo elements of power but for me it was more like a brawler than a adventure game and the characters had not so much personality like in zelda games, so please I would really love to see something like that.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:19 am

We have enough 2d platformers, what we don't have enough of is open world 3d platformers.

reversalmushroom

Postby reversalmushroom » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:25 am

What we don't have enough of is first person shooters.

CrazyChaos

Postby CrazyChaos » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:42 am

Chrysalis_Blossom

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 am

Please Please PLEASE no FPS.
I hate 'em with whole my gaming heart..
They are like FIFA, always the freaking' same.
I also find racers: 'Meeehhh'.

Just give us a new 3D-Collectathon/Adventure/2D-Sidescrolling game.
And then I would prefer: Tooka-Laylee, Conker spiritual successor, DK spiritual successor, etc.

reversalmushroom

Postby reversalmushroom » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:36 am

I understand your frustration, but Playtonic would do it right. They would make one that's way different and way better than all the other FPSs out there; if they can do for the FPS what Yooka-Laylee will do for the platformer, then I welcome it. First Person Shooters have been in stagnation for so long that they desperately need this.

Have you not played Diddy Kong Racing?

If they can only make 1 game at a time, I wouldn't want them to make the same thing twice in a row. I want them to make a different genre each time.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:12 am

I'm not interested in a FPS from this team.

reversalmushroom

Postby reversalmushroom » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:20 am

Why not?

alexzorg

Postby alexzorg » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:27 am

coz jesus man

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Return to “Community Discussion”