Just a thought, invoked by one of the comments on the kickstarter page (nostalgia)

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
dotEXE

Re: Just a thought, invoked by one of the comments on the kickstarter page (nostalgia)

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 5:53 pm

A molehill! In BGS, there's also a molehill behind the start. I knew there was something.
Make the forum great again.

GrayMagicΓ

Re: Just a thought, invoked by one of the comments on the kickstarter page (nostalgia)

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 6:51 pm

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:05 pm

Last edited by dotEXE on Tue May 12, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Last edited by GrayMagicΓ on Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:12 pm

It's not to the left still: http://i.imgur.com/hLd2k94.png

https://youtu.be/3ZgrsB6cOjc?t=85

And n64 - https://youtu.be/5vuGmK2H1ws?t=183

Edit: links are hard
Edit2: AND you spawn in on a honey comb shaped log, there's that thematic tie-in again :D

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:18 pm

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:19 pm

It's directly behind him . . . in no way is that "to the left". And that's on Xbox in the first video, there's no "90 degree turn" button, the second turn is far smaller than 90 and he brings it back to the left after his third turn.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:22 pm

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:24 pm

I just watched 2 videos on two different consoles of it. I've beaten this game a hundred times. Literally.

You start at the tip of the red line facing along the length of the red line seen here: http://i.imgur.com/BpSGg4l.jpg

The end tip of the green line is where the molehill is. It's WAY more behind you than it is "to the left".

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue May 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Well, I'm currently replaying Banjo-Kazooie and having a blast. Okay, I play it on an emulator to use , but that's just a visual thing. Gameplay wise, I'll never outgrow it. And a new game in that vein is the best thing to happen, I know that I will get sucked in that game for a looong time, once it comes out.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:33 pm

CrazyChaos

Postby CrazyChaos » Tue May 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Well, I am sure many are being carried along by nostalgia. You cannot really deny that possibility. However, I long for a game where I can freely run and jump around as a character in third-person, use a variety of attacks/skills to defeat enemies, and complete challenges with minimal restrictions. It could be anything, it does not necessarily have to be a collect-a-thon. However, that has its own appeal that has not been staled out quite yet.

This sort of thing can be found in a disappointingly small amount of games. Dark Souls would be one of my favorites that manages to be close to it. I cannot jump as freely in that game, but I do still have freedom in movement, actions, and choices of paths to take.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but this is what I personally seek from this game. The nods and similarities to the game of my childhood will only be a well-appreciated bonus.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Nope, here's how you start: http://i.imgur.com/FW8QapT.jpg

One foot on each of the Start Pad faces, facing DIRECTLY to the top point on the honeycomb log.

From the other side, with that facing drawn in: http://i.imgur.com/Wjc9aBp.png

The molehill is behind the start point.

Left can be traced from the point on the left-side of the Start Pad:

http://i.imgur.com/X2668Mz.png
http://i.imgur.com/O2U1xX6.png
Last edited by dotEXE on Tue May 12, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Tue May 12, 2015 7:40 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:43 pm

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

No, the green circle is hitting the same place. It's a different picture from a different angle though to better show the Start Pad, the honeycomb log, and the facing direction. The line actually points further away from left now, representing the accurate spawn location by connecting three points to form a line. I mean it's definitely a little left. It's not 180 degrees south. But it's more behind than left.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue May 12, 2015 7:48 pm

Like I said, I don't have access to the game right now, I'll post what I mean in ~5 hours. The way you're describing it 3 of the 4 doors in CCW's hub would be behind you... out of the initial camera view doesn't mean it's behind you.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:49 pm

And I eagerly await hearing that it's "more behind than it is to the left". I've linked three unique videos now we can definitely see what the level's start looks like. I've beaten the game over 100 times, I know that game's layout better than I know my own hands.

CCW is definitely 1 door left, 1 door right, 1 door behind. That molehill isn't even close to being "to the left". The Croctus is off-screen at the start, but is definitely to the left like you said earlier in the thread. And I agree to that! Croctus is to the left. Like, even the Banjo Wiki says - Wading Boots (molehill located very close to and behind the world entrance) - regarding the item's location.
Last edited by dotEXE on Tue May 12, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Community Discussion”