Nintendo NX & mobile

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Epic Elliot

Nintendo NX & mobile

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:02 pm

well i figured since were all banjo kazooie fans & fans of nintendo(well maybe not all of us) why not talk about Nintendo announced "NX" project & there plans to go mobile? the internets a buzz about so just wondering what you guys think about?

polomi

Re: Nintendo NX & mobile

Postby polomi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:06 pm

I think it's pretty good that they're gonna finally have a unified account system on all platforms (even PC).

As for games on mobile... Myself, I couldn't care less about mobile games, I don't enjoy them. I don't know what kind of impact it will have for Nintendo. Gotta please the shareholders is what it is I guess.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:17 pm

yeah i am not to happy about the mobile part especially with there recent pokemon shuffle freemium game :/ shure they'd make tons of $ with that on mobile but i don't want that spilling into there home console/handheld games as those are very shallow experiences & i don't want there good games to become basically "give me $ to play models"

iggy

Postby iggy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:20 pm

The NX could be just about anything, e.g. the vitality sensor 2 rather than a new console.

Assuming it is their next console, I've been hearing they want to unify their portable and home consoles so I'd guess it'll be something along the lines of a 3DS/Wii U gamepad with a built in screen for portable gaming and the ability to hook up to a TV for at home.

Making licensed mobile games makes business sense, particularly in Japan where mobile games are big business, but isn't particularly exciting news to me.

polomi

Postby polomi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Well the only thing to fear is if thre is a negative impact on the proper console games. Will there be?

I think that what some people are afraid of is that since there will be Nintendo games on mobile, people will be satisfied with it and won't bother playing on consoles. If less people play on consoles, less focus will be put on consoles, less games will be made, and so on.

I think this scenario is highly unlikely, I bet the mobile games will be full of ads saying how better it is to play on consoles.

@iggy, I've read the press conference translation, and it seems pretty certain that the NX is a next generation console given the specific wording of Iwata everytime he talked about it.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:26 pm

yeah back in 2008 i predicted nintendos next home console would have a controler with a screen & i was right! :D & i also predicted there console after would most likely be a hybrid of home console & portable console! & if im right i win my bet with my friend who said none of those things would ever happen, boy it was SOOO fiun rubbing it in about predicteding the wiiu's controler years before they did it XD hopefully ill be able to do it again XD LOL

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:40 pm

well out of everyone i know only me, my cousin, baby bro ,online buddy have a wiiu ALL my other friends & family don't & there reasons on why they don't have a wiiu are almost identical between them all! its usually they don't feel justified spending money on a system just to play nintendo game with mostly no online in there games or proper game & party chat when they can just get an X1/PS4 & play a bunch of different type of games online with friends or play single player games as they use party chat to talk to friends. & when they want there nintendo fix they will just ether play an old nintendo system or play old nintendo games on there phone for free! altho a lot of them do have a 3DS as they see value in it. but with everyone i know despite saying they love the new nintendo games & have played them say its not worth buying when competition offers them a better experience with more 3rd party games to play with there friends online because life is too busy to play in the living room when theres work & school & friends & family live far away.

so well thats how nearly everyone i know feels about nintendo
what do you guys think about the thoughts of those kind of customers nintendo could of potentialy had?

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:07 pm

I think it has been confirmed that the NX will be a home console, Iwata released a statement about it, and it is predicted that it won't be seen on shelves until about 2017, which would be five years after the release of the Wii U (so it is a decent enough gap between the two)

I'm kinda excited about it, I wonder what their 'new concept' is...

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:20 pm

I'm personally against the idea of nintendo putting their main franchises on mobile as those should be experiences you should only get on nintendo consoles. However, im not against Nintendo creating new ips or using dormant franchises and characters. For example game n watch games would probably be good on mobile.You can even have an ice climbers endless climbing game on mobile. Instead of having micro games starring mario. How about bringing mack Mario's cousin Stanley the bugman from donkey kong 3. Have him face off agaist tatenga from mario Land or the evil king warts etc.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:00 pm

i think NX isn't Nintendo's new console , but a service
i think NX could stand for Nintendo Cross which Cross is for Crossplatform.

well it sucks , if Nintendo goes also on Mobile.I wish they stay on Console
can't wait for Yooka Laylee (PS4) :geek: :D :lol:

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:14 pm

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:23 pm

can't wait for Yooka Laylee (PS4) :geek: :D :lol:

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Until we know more it's hard to make any assumptions or generalisations on what we can expect from NX & their mobile plans. It could really go any way at this early point. I'm just hoping they don't pull an NGage and make a travesty of a mobile system. Some nice apps that aren't "Pay to Win" would be lovely though.

We need more info! *flails*
A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

DKBananaSlamma

HEY GUYS NINTENDOS MAKEING PHONE GAMES ALONG WITH THEIR GAME

Postby DKBananaSlamma » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Can't wait for the millions of casuals coming to Nintendo Hardware.

Alph

Re: HEY GUYS NINTENDOS MAKEING PHONE GAMES ALONG WITH THEIR

Postby Alph » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:40 am

If they decide that mobile phone games aren't enough for them and they want a true Nintendo experience, I think that means they've graduated from being casuals and have become at least moderately interested in games for reasons beyond killing time.

Honestly I'd say this is a better way to appeal to casuals than the Wii was, since it won't have any direct effect on the games I want to play (unlike the Wii, which tainted everything with motion controls).

Nightpaws

Re: HEY GUYS NINTENDOS MAKEING PHONE GAMES ALONG WITH THEIR

Postby Nightpaws » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:05 am

Hey guys, there's already a thread discussing this over here:

Also, topics in all caps are migraine material in the making! ;)
A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

DKBananaSlamma

Postby DKBananaSlamma » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:29 am

Don't worry they won't port games onto mobile.

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:45 am

What I want to know is... If and when the Nintendo NX comes out, will Project Ukelele come out for it?
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:05 am

I don't really care that Nintendo is branching out to phone games. I mean, it makes sense. Phone games are stupid popular. I don't care for them, but far more people play phone games than play console games. I just hope that it's not so successful that Nintendo abandons or neglects real games.

I am excited to hear more about a new console, though! I agree that NX is a new console. Nintendo typically has about five years between consoles, so it makes sense that they'd start mentioning the next one now. I hope it doesn't come out for a couple years though, since I only bought my Wii U last year, and I definitely won't have the money to spend on a new Nintendo any time soon if I go back to school. I'm planning on having kids in a couple years (which is when I would be done school if I get accepted), so they need to release it while I'm pregnant; I'll need something to do while I'm on leave!

Return to “Community Discussion”