I can't decide if I like it or despise it.
On one hand:
* It's cute.
* It's a 3D platformer collectathon.
* The freezing mechanic is interesting.
On the other:
* It's extremely derivative. Large portions are ripped directly from Super Mario Galaxy. Like if SMG had a world-builder, this is what I would expect on the "download free levels" shop. I feel like these "indie" platformers are just stealing what they can and hoping coat-tail rides and nostalgia get them there.
* It's amateurish. Needs significant polishing and the controls seem fairly loose.
* The worlds demonstrated seem very messy. Like floating assets were just thrown in without consideration for overall aesthetic.
I guess I just lose a bit of interest when you gather a golden FEZ cube on a Mario Galaxy planet and do Mario's signature peace sign (1:33), or when you're diving off Mario Sunshine's assets in Treasure Trove Cove (1:25). Do something new in the spirit of other things.
I dunno. I haven't liked a single indie platformer yet barring Lobodestroyo, and even that is on the fence with it's thematic choice. I ALMOST backed SpookyPoo because of how off-the-walls weird it was.
Last edited by dotEXE
on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make the forum great again.